Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

concentric coil

antoninvs

Hi
any wan use or tested the 8`` excelerator concentric search coil ?from kellyco.
I am from the Netherlands and i search on trashy roman fields,ma bey the concentric is better
for this fields
thanks for the help
greetings
Antonio
Netherlands

I have no idea what your conditions may be there. I think a good majority of us use the DD coils just because of the foot print. The concentrics IMHO does have a little bit better depth, but there is always a down side. The concentric does seem to loose more depth in iron, requires more overlap, and doesnt seem to seperate quite as well as the DD. Anytime you are choosing a coil or detector there are a lot of factors to consider. Try barrowing one before you purchase.

Hi
I use the standard explorer coil and the 8`` from sunray but i thought maybe
a concentric coil works better when there is much iron on the fields.
The problem is i can`t barrowing one over here in the Netherlands
so i Will use the standard coil
thanksssss for the help
greetings
Antonio from the Netherlands

A DD coil will have better separation then a concentric of the same size;
A DD sees less ground as the field is (often) concentrated in the middle of the coil.

I didn't know if they made a concentric coil for the Explorere . I may have to try one. I use small coil like the sunray x5 coil , because I hunt around old homes and there is trash and iron there. Maybe it is just me but it seems like the concentric coil may do better there then a DD coil. I have a f75 with the small coil and it looks like it works the trash better with the concentric coil then the DD. I have little mineralization where I live and I think the DD are for mineralized soil ?? Will what do you think. Thanks

I think a concentric has its place in certain conditions. You have to realize the limitation of the coil.... it does take in more soil like mentioned to sample and does have a cone shaped footprint. It may catch a few of those deeper coins than the DD, but you really have to work it. With the smaller coils you can manage higher sensitivity. A good many companies still use the concentric as the preferred coil. They must like it for some reason. I just like the seperation along with the amount of ground the DD covers. They are good coils to use after you have worked a place with the pro coil. You can always milk out a few more great finds with these smaller coils.

Oh, i guess there was always the point that concentrics were easier to pinpoint with. I just always marked the sweep spot on the coil with a marker. The DDs does take some time to learn... ive just always used the tip by wiggleing it back toward me... deeper coins were always a little farther back on the coil.

Does anyone have this 8" concentric and how do you like it??? Tell us about it.

I just checked on KellyCo they do sell an 8" concentric EXcelerator coil for a $159.95

I only got to use it a few times before someone wanted to buy it as i wasn't using it at the time. It was one that Kellyco sells I bought off E bay for $100 and sold it for a $100 also.
I tried it at a place that is a gravel parking lot of a old school where my stock coil was giving me too many false signals on. I was running a pattern with the right top open all the way left to a -30 on my SE and the area around where the nickle reads at open too. This coil run very smooth and i could swing it faster also and when I went over anything good I knew it right away. I tried it also at one of the old parks we hunt in a trashier area and it seem to work real good there too, but never dug anything deeper than 8 inches with it.
I like it for some area, but I dont think I would use it for my reg coil as my Sun Ray X-8 or the SE Pro coil are my main ones.