Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Concentric coils

WV62

I have been taking a second look at the concentric coils for my F75 SE. Here is some thoughts if you have a hunted out silver honey hole with the DD coils, you may want to run back over it slow and lots of overlap with the 10" concentric coil or maybe even the little 6.5" concentric. Now for the deep coins that may have been missed by the DD coils you need to run in the Boost Processor at sensitivity 92. With this setup you should start to see coins at the 9" & 10" depth.
The reason for this is the shape of the signal coming off the concentric coil is cone shaped and at depth it comes down to a point. So at depth your coil size is now down to something about the size of a quarter. So keep that in mind as to why you need to overlap based on that quarter size coil.

Now I am not saying bad things about the DD coils, but they do not handle the trash as well as the concentric.

Okay a little story to go along with the 10" concentric.
I bought the coil a few years back and never messed with it for a long time, I just put it in the bag for about a year or so. We were hunting one of our spots that had turned up some nice silver but was slowing down. So this day the 10" concentric was on the stick and I was going give it a try. That coil looked so little compared to the big 11"DD, I was already having bad thoughts. So I got out of the truck and went across the creek and done the ground balance and started hunting in an area that I had hunted before. So a few minutes into the hunt I got a nice clean signal and was kind of on the deep side. So I opened up the ground and the target was still in the hole. So about 7" to 8" down out came this nice shinny silver dime. So next is the the dumbest thing I ever done, I headed right back to the truck and put the 11"DD coil back on the stick. It took me a long time to warm up to the 10" concentric, but I am all in now.

Ron in WV

I've never owned a 10" for any of my 75's, but have two for two other detectors and really like them. Like you said, in heavy trash, particularly bottle cap laden trash, they really work well. Hmmmm, thanks for the post reminder. HH jim tn

One of my favorite coils ever for my F70, finds a ton, does it well and is especially good at finding precious metals and finding all the goods in iron or trash infested sites.
I told you this 4 years ago when you posted in this thread...still, being late to the party is still better than not being invited at all! LOL.

The original coil designed to be used on the F70, the F5 and maybe, back in the day, the older F75's.
This was for a reason, Dave J. and the other engineers knew exactly what they were doing and I was lucky enough to get many hours using this coil and learned to fully appreciate it long before I ever mounted my first DD.
The bigger, deeper, must use a DD coil mindset became popular about 10 years ago so just about everything comes with a DD...now.
The ability to find stuff is still in this one in spades and the tones I hear mounted on my Fisher is just a little different than my DD's and So surprisingly, sweet!

Last edited:
I forgot about the coil manual you post 4 years ago, I will be more careful if posting in the future.

Please except my apology,

Ron in WV

:lol::lol::lol:
Apologies, for what?
I am sure you have found great things with all your coils, I have learned a lot from you and you sure don't need me to tell you what to do.
Besides, you got two brothers which makes 3 against little ol me.
I'm pretty scrappy but I can't take on all of you if one of you gets mad at me and wants to rumble.:starwars:
Thinking about your reaction not sure you understood that original comment was a joke.
I kid, I am a big kidder and come from a huge family of kidders. :surrender:

Hey guys, Long time no see. Probable three or four years or so since I posted. I cut my teeth on the F70 and the 10 inch. I couldn't resist jumping in here to brag this unbelievable coil up a bit. I was on this site when Revier got his F70, and Mudpuppy was slaying the parks and beaches with his. We shared lots of great stories back then but I always wanted to get the big DD for my F70 like Mudpuppy, till one day the 10 inch taught me how to hear the difference between a nickel and an old time beavertail poptop 5 inches deep with the tail bent all the way around covering the ring of the poptop. I was set on 4 tones. It brought a smile to my face as I thought about it. I even reburied just to hear it again.------ I still dig each and every one of these. though they are getting rarer all the time I almost find myself hoping its the pop top rather than the nickel . What a coil and detector combo.-- ps I never did buy the 11 inch-IB

Hey man nice to see you back!
One thing I learned using the concentric and my DD's for many hundreds of hours is the tones are definitely different using the concentric.
Hard to explain but they seem clearer, sweeter with a tonal difference you can really notice if you switch back and forth enough with them.
I have said it many times before, every time I mount that concentric on my F70 the first target I swing over always makes me smile, alot.
Mike Hillis knows...I know he got one for his F5 and I think the F75, too.
The man finds everything but he specializes in jewelry a lot and this is the coil he chooses to use so...

Hey man nice to see you back!
One thing I learned using the concentric and my DD's for many hundreds of hours is the tones are definitely different using the concentric.
Hard to explain but they seem clearer, sweeter with a tonal difference you can really notice if you switch back and forth enough with them.
I have said it many times before, every time I mount that concentric on my F70 the first target I swing over always makes me smile, alot.
Mike Hillis knows...I know he got one for his F5 and I think the F75, too.
The man finds everything but he specializes in jewelry a lot and this is the coil he chooses to use so...
Yea, I remember Mike and his "whispers from the deep". I know what you mean by the sweet sound. Those old Mercs have that sweet thing about them with the 10 inch. Good to hear from ya.-Larry