Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

confederate or colonial site ?

mdholedigger

this is my first time posting on this forum, i hope someone can help me out. i have been m/d this site in md for two years now and this is what i have found. my problem is that i am not sure if this site is a confederate camp site or a cononial site and i would very much like any info on the pointed bullet in the middle of the display. thanks for letting my share my finds :detecting:
and thank you for any info you may have on my items :please:

thanks Hazel
[attachment 17297 foundcivilwarrelics019small.jpg][attachment 17294 foundcivilwarrelics020small.jpg]
[attachment 17295 foundcivilwarrelics021small.jpg][attachment 17296 foundcivilwarrelics022small.jpg]

Looks more like Civil War. There were no conical bullets (in the world) much before the mid 1820's. Can't help you with the odd pointy one.

Are those snap fasteners on "D" rings? That would be much more modern. Post WWII.

That pointed bullet in the middle is a carved bullet. Looks like a nice camp site! Looks like you have some Colonial Cooper coins? I cannot tell by the pic. And maybe a few pewter buttons? These are Colonial items. Sometimes a good campsite is used a lot because of the ground, fresh water, close proximity to main road and a good vantage point to survey the surrounding countryside. What I am saying is it was good ground in Rev War and likewise in the Civil War. and probably the Civil war soldiers had no idea they were camped on top of a Rev. War site. I am not saying it is for sure, but if you do indeed have some Colonial stuff than that would be my guess. Nice finds and good luck. Tsgman