Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:confused:Has something happened to the original GMT?

parrott

Please help me... I'm referring to the one tat came out about 1990... has it been updated as to it's
follow the black sand feature? Thanks.

The Original Gold Master (Nugget detector) was black and did come out about 1990. It then became the Gold Master V-Sat (Variable - Self Adjusting Threshold), Next version was the GM3 with it's Iron ID meter and the latest version is the GMT (Gold Master Tracking) which has the ability to automatically track and adjust itself to ground minerals. The previous GM models only had manual ground balancing. Hope this helps.

Thanks Tom. I was referring to the GMT that featured "Grab" as well
as Automatic Ground Balancing and Tracking; and also sported a
"probability of iron" feature designed to follow stringers of black
(magnetite) sand that could also be associated with float gold.

Float gold often isn't related to the location of heavy black sand. Black sand rarely floats in the water column. It's granular shape prevents that. Float gold, on the other hand, can be carried well beyond the point where the heavy sand drops out. That's due to the flat shape of float, and often flour, gold. Often float gold is found in paystreaks right in the lighter sand..
Jim

Parrott, The answer to your question is No.

parrott said:
Thanks Tom. I was referring to the GMT that featured "Grab" as well
as Automatic Ground Balancing and Tracking; and also sported a
"probability of iron" feature designed to follow stringers of black
(magnetite) sand that could also be associated with float gold.

Hello parrot,

As Tom Slick mentioned, the Goldmaster is a series of progressively improved and renamed nugget detectors. The one you are referring to, the GMT (E Series) is the currently produced version. It was introduced, I believe, aroung 2000, give or take. It operates at 48 (khz), pretty hot on small gold. It has a very good feature set, many of which you mention. It is still a top notch gold nugget detector!