Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:confused: Newbie questions

Kyle in Sac

Best time to hit ocean beaches? I hear lowtide and 2 hours before lowtide...Can someone tell me why you would hunt two hours before low tide or at low tide vs. any other time? I'm assuming to get further out where the good stuff may be as far as low tide but confused on two hours before...
Do you wear waders in the early AM?

Thanks, Kyle

just think about this a moment

what happens when the tide goes out

what happens when the tide come in and come in with a vengence

at least that is the way it is here on the east coast.

Well I know what high and low tide is and how the moon causes this and whatever. I guess I'm confused why people go two hours before low tide? They work the water as it moves out? :) sorry if these are dumb questions.

I'm thinking of hitting the low tide at Santa Cruz again in the early AM and want to get there at the best time. I have a couple spots I want to check as people told me they lost such and such last weekend.
I'm a little scared to get in the water in the middle of the night though.. Is it worth it?

n/t

Hi Kyle,
When I go to the beach I want to put in as much time as possible at the best time. I figure the best time is when the beach is not crowded. The next best time is when more surface area is available to detect, (I can get out further at low tide but it is such a large beach I need cheat and start a little early). I can get better coverage of the wet sand if I start early. After the tide starts coming in I work the dry sand for a while, before the crowed arrives.

I hope this helps. I stay in the ankel deep water as I am a bit of whoose and can't swim too well.