Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:confused:Which coil for my F70.

draaiorgel

I'm torn between the 10 x12 sef (butterfly coil) and the Fisher 11 inch bi axial DD coil.
Which one would you recomend and why?
Weight is a consideration too.
I do realise that either one would give a steadier and more accurate vid, I go by the sound followed up with vid to decide whether to dig or not.

For beach use wet and dry, no wading.

Hey Ian, Eileen...
I have the 11"DD have not tried a larger coil, or any other for that matter. But I cover a lot of sand up here in Mich, I think the 11DD is so light and fast, that I am able to quickly cover some real estate.
I extend my F70 shaft as far as it will go, crouch down sort of, and swing a 8' swath...I run in AT on the beach and dont mind hearing bobby pins, sparker wires or anything else...it tells me a lot of what was going on here. I carry a light 5" long handle scoop, and dig everything..."dig" is not the right word, more like swinging the scoop like an axe, or weed cutter...If I have a deep target, I chop out a four scoop area and get the coil down in there for the final retrieval...I know a lot of this depends on the beach, but the F70 with the 11"dd will get deep rings and coins in the wet sand, this summer I will probably set discrim at 5 just to be able to run in DP tone...that really tells you a lot!
Good Luck, and HH and stay in touch if you come across any great finds or tips for this machine!
Mud

Thanks for that mudpuppy, :clapping::clapping:
You said what I really wanted to hear.
You've been a great help. Cheers M8. :cheers:
I hunt in AT mode all the time, and if I want to check a target, just notch back to program 1 which is set on Disc mode.
Disc set at 4 usin' 2 tones, thresh I vary from -3 to +3, sens I vary from 40 ish right up to 90 ish I think it gives a lot of info.

I can get about 11 inches in the dry, only about 4-5 inches in the wet usin' the stock 10 inch coil.
Will be orderin' my new coil tomorrow sometime.
:jump::jump::jump:

I think that the stock DD coils on the F75/ T2 (that also work on the F70) is hands down the best coil I have ever used. Surprisingly great in trash for it's size, & that size makes for great ground coverage as well. HH,
Bill

I mentioned it before on another post, I have suffered no shoulder or elbow problems from swinging this rig practically every day for over a year...I do get "hammer hand" from time to time though. You know when you swing a hammer all day working construction? You cannot open your fingers to let go of it at the end of the day, thats Hammerhand!...

Bill Ladd said:
I think that the stock DD coils on the F75/ T2 (that also work on the F70) is hands down the best coil I have ever used. Surprisingly great in trash for it's size, & that size makes for great ground coverage as well. HH,
Bill
Thanks for your input Bill, l much appreciate your valuable opinion. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
It's good to know I'm doin' the right thing.
We only got the F70s in October 2010 and at that time we weren't offered a choice of coil,
they only came with the stock coil.
Of course this is over here in the UK and only one dealer/distributor to buy from. :thumbdown:
But we both love our F70s dearly. (brilliant coin and jewelry hunters.)
:twodetecting: :clapping: :clapping: