Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Conquistador umax coil question

Rick W

I'm sure Monte can answer this for me. I used the Conquistador to hunt a lakes waters edge a while back. I did find 3 rings and the machine did good, but at 2 freshwater beaches, the machine had a couple of false signal spells. I figured it was electronic field interruptions. Went back today with the Silver umax to both beaches, and had no falsing. I did get the coil wet on the Conquistador before it went a little crazy. Is the spoked Conquistador coil waterproof? The coil cover is still on it. Maybe that needs to come off for a cleaning? Thanks for any help.

I'm sure Monte can answer this for me. I used the Conquistador to hunt a lakes waters edge a while back. I did find 3 rings and the machine did good, but at 2 freshwater beaches, the machine had a couple of false signal spells. I figured it was electronic field interruptions. Went back today with the Silver umax to both beaches, and had no falsing. I did get the coil wet on the Conquistador before it went a little crazy. Is the spoked Conquistador coil waterproof? The coil cover is still on it. Maybe that needs to come off for a cleaning? Thanks for any help.
• Tesoro's search coils are waterproof.

• EMI could have been a cause, if you moved closer to some source that could cause it.

• It is also more likely you moved to a portion of the beach that had a significant mineralization change and your Conquistador µMAX was not properly Ground Balanced for it. (Are you sure it doesn't just say 'Conquistador' on the housing? Does it have the Frequency Shift toggle protruding down under the housing ahead of the fingers?) If you have the 'original' Conquistador, as described, or a 'transition' unit, then there can be a serious GB and Discrimination problem.

One reason y6our Silver µMAX didn't have a problem is because the internal GB trimmer was set positive enough to handle the different section of beach that the Conquistador was set for.

Monte

Thanks, Monte! I knew you would know. Mine is the Conquistador umax, but there is a lot of mineralized red clay under the sand. I used to get "hot rocks" on these same beaches with my old White's machines. You have answered my questions. Thanks!!

• Tesoro's search coils are waterproof.

• EMI could have been a cause, if you moved closer to some source that could cause it.

• It is also more likely you moved to a portion of the beach that had a significant mineralization change and your Conquistador µMAX was not properly Ground Balanced for it. (Are you sure it doesn't just say 'Conquistador' on the housing? Does it have the Frequency Shift toggle protruding down under the housing ahead of the fingers?) If you have the 'original' Conquistador, as described, or a 'transition' unit, then there can be a serious GB and Discrimination problem.

One reason y6our Silver µMAX didn't have a problem is because the internal GB trimmer was set positive enough to handle the different section of beach that the Conquistador was set for.

Monte
Hey, Monte! My Conquistador says it's a umax, but no toggle protrudes down under the housing.there is a toggle on the face with 3 frequency selections. I am going back tomorrow, and was going to take the machine, but perhaps I should take the Silver, instead?

Hey, Monte! My Conquistador says it's a umax, but no toggle protrudes down under the housing.there is a toggle on the face with 3 frequency selections. I am going back tomorrow, and was going to take the machine, but perhaps I should take the Silver, instead?
Is the original Conquistador had the long toggle protruding under the housing. The Conquistador microMAX had the small frequency-shift toggle on the control face.

However, during the change-over between models, some of the glitchy original Conquistadors were stuck in the new, re-named housings. That's where I am cautious in selecting this model to get a 'proper' Conquistador microMAX w/o the glitches.

Monte

Is the original Conquistador had the long toggle protruding under the housing. The Conquistador microMAX had the small frequency-shift toggle on the control face.

However, during the change-over between models, some of the glitchy original Conquistadors were stuck in the new, re-named housings. That's where I am cautious in selecting this model to get a 'proper' Conquistador microMAX w/o the glitches.

Monte
Thanks! I found 3 rings with it last time out, so I'm gonna take it again today, out of curiosity.