Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Considering a Cibola

BenG76

I am leaning towards a Cibola but not quite sure yet. I have owned a Cibola before and regrettably I sold it. I mainly want a lightweight detector for tot lots, parks and a huge flea market ground we hunt a lot. Also for a competition hunt as well. I have also considered the Silver uMax but I figure the Cibola will be more suited for me. I dont feel the need to get a Vaquero with the ground balance as I use my MXT when hunting older sites.

Currently I own a Whites MXT, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 and a Whites Classic ID. I have been thinking about letting the F2 go as I feel the Compadre fills the niche it does as I mainly use the small coil on the Fisher for hunting up close to play ground equipment. Plus I like the Compadre for trashy areas.

Any suggestions here? Should I consider other models?

Good luck with whatever you choose.I just bought a Vaq.and love it.I've read alot of good reviews on the umax also.HH

If you were purchasing a one and only detector I'd try to push you towards one with either manual ground or auto ground tracking. As you have that need covered, I think the Cibola is a great choice for what you describe. I've done a lot of successful detecting with the Silver Sabre µmax which is the µmax version that the Cibola replaced in the Tesoro lineup and the Cibola should be everything it is and more.
BB.

i bought a vaquero for the manual ground balance. for the little extra money. figured id have it in case i ever needed it. really, they are the same detector.

oldknifemaker said:
If you decide on the Cibola I have one I will sell you for $275 Shipped. Very good condition.

oldknifemaker tried to send you a message but it wont let me for some reason. Thanks