Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Considering a Deus & have a few questions

jtram

I have been kicking around the idea of getting a Deus for probably a few months. I have several detectors presently (F75 G2 Xterra 705 and the CTX). I mainly relic hunt and use the F75 and G2 in the iron. That is what I would replace with a Deus. The F75 as we all know is a chatter box most of the time but still use it because of the weight when trying to cover ground. The G2 with the 5x10 has been my go to when I get into the iron. What I don't like about the G2 is the high tone on larger targets, large iron and a buckle would sound the same.

I have heard the Deus isn't very deep. Now in the iron that may not be the object of the detector being used, but I would like to know that it's there if need be. I have read the 11" coil is considerably deeper which may be the option for that issue. Without a depth meter how do you tell or have an. Idea how deep the target is being detected?

I post here because I know most of you have used the G2 or gold bug pro and can give me an honest comparison between the machines. I just wish there was a dealer within a short driving distance or someone close had one for me to tinker with.

Thanks in advance

JTRAM

Here's some input for you to consider in making a decision on the Deus . . . . others will have input that can further help you . . . . . .

I have been kicking around the idea of getting a Deus for probably a few months. I have several detectors presently (F75 G2 Xterra 705 and the CTX). I mainly relic hunt and use the F75 and G2 in the iron. That is what I would replace with a Deus. The F75 as we all know is a chatter box most of the time but still use it because of the weight when trying to cover ground. The G2 with the 5x10 has been my go to when I get into the iron. What I don't like about the G2 is the high tone on larger targets, large iron and a buckle would sound the same. I have heard the Deus isn't very deep. Now in the iron that may not be the object of the detector being used, but I would like to know that it's there if need be. I have read the 11" coil is considerably deeper which may be the option for that issue. Without a depth meter how do you tell or have an. Idea how deep the target is being detected?

As far as depth indication, you have the horseshoe icon / graphic on the screen that will show depth based on coin-sized targets (which is what other detectors do). It ranges from surface (all black) to 12" (all white). You will get an indication on the left for ferrous targets and on the right for non-ferrous targets.

As far as depth, I can say that I have pulled some deep targets - coins and relics - with the stock coil and the new 11" coil moves the Deus to a new level of performance in terms of detection depth. It is not giving 6 inches more as some have reported but I have hit targets at the fringe of detection with the 11" coil that other detectors could not see . . . . but the 9" coil does a great job on depth while still providing the seperation in high trash when the Reactivity function is tweaked.

I post here because I know most of you have used the G2 or gold bug pro and can give me an honest comparison between the machines. I just wish there was a dealer within a short driving distance or someone close had one for me to tinker with.

I have used the G2 in high trash but the 5" coil was the way to hunt without getting target masking and the smaller coil gives up some depth over the stock coil. The weight of the G2 is a plus when hunting for long periods but the Deus is even lighter - and the wireless design really makes relic hunting in overgrown areas something you can get used to in no time!

Feel free to post any more questions you might have

Andy

In Michigan soil, I found my Deus to go as deep as my Sovereign with less effort in deciding whether to dig the target.
The Deus can be chatty but that really depends if you are near EMI. It can get impossible near power lines when using a high reactivity setting (used in areas heavily blanketed with iron and/or trash).
However, I have had little problem picking good targets out of iron infested areas using lower reactivity (which makes it usable around power lines).

The lightweight/ wireless combo plus the amazing ability to find good targets in heavy trash makes it my go to detector.

I own a variety of detectors (Whites V3i, CTX 3030, Teknetics T2) as well as the XP Deus. I can tell you that in my mild soil in central Mississippi it is as deep as any of the others and maybe deeper when tested with equivalent coils. All these machines are deep, just different. If being deep is your major concern, you can put that to bed.

HH, good luck

Robert

Thanks to those of you who have responded so far.

Andy Sabisch said:
JTRAM

Here's some input for you to consider in making a decision on the Deus . . . . others will have input that can further help you . . . . . .

I have been kicking around the idea of getting a Deus for probably a few months. I have several detectors presently (F75 G2 Xterra 705 and the CTX). I mainly relic hunt and use the F75 and G2 in the iron. That is what I would replace with a Deus. The F75 as we all know is a chatter box most of the time but still use it because of the weight when trying to cover ground. The G2 with the 5x10 has been my go to when I get into the iron. What I don't like about the G2 is the high tone on larger targets, large iron and a buckle would sound the same. I have heard the Deus isn't very deep. Now in the iron that may not be the object of the detector being used, but I would like to know that it's there if need be. I have read the 11" coil is considerably deeper which may be the option for that issue. Without a depth meter how do you tell or have an. Idea how deep the target is being detected?

As far as depth indication, you have the horseshoe icon / graphic on the screen that will show depth based on coin-sized targets (which is what other detectors do). It ranges from surface (all black) to 12" (all white). You will get an indication on the left for ferrous targets and on the right for non-ferrous targets.

As far as depth, I can say that I have pulled some deep targets - coins and relics - with the stock coil and the new 11" coil moves the Deus to a new level of performance in terms of detection depth. It is not giving 6 inches more as some have reported but I have hit targets at the fringe of detection with the 11" coil that other detectors could not see . . . . but the 9" coil does a great job on depth while still providing the seperation in high trash when the Reactivity function is tweaked.

I have used the G2 in high trash but the 5" coil was the way to hunt without getting target masking and the smaller coil gives up some depth over the stock coil. The weight of the G2 is a plus when hunting for long periods but the Deus is even lighter - and the wireless design really makes relic hunting in overgrown areas something you can get used to in no time!

Feel free to post any more questions you might have

Andy

Great post Andy! He nailed it for you.

That's an arsenal you have there Jtram , I would keep the CTX and Terra , and sell the 75 and G2 , buy the Deus and get the 11in coil too.

The 9in coil is not the deepest coil and is good on iron .

As for knowing how deep a target is , I am not sure whether the target indicator is very accurate and would do what I do on the ET ,
If the tone is two way and rapid and loud both ways then its near to the surface 1 to 3 in
If two way but good tone then 3 to 7 or 8 inches depending on size and
if the tone is very quiet then its either a small target that's shallow 6 to 9 inches or a very deep larger target .

The above comment I made is true for all machines though the tones on the ET/CTX are I think the best there is for a machine.
The Deus is deep with the right settings and coil depending what you want but the 75 is too , both these machines are comparable .
I like the light weight look of the Deus too and find the 75 a bit flimsy in construction , have heard of control boxes breaking off the handle.
At least there are updates to software for the deus as the CTX too.

If you buy the Deus use it without expectation at first , it takes time to get used to it and I know.
Being that you have the CTX you will not lose out in the hunting game :D
I am on Skype if you want to contact and I can show you my machine. Will be at work for 11hours from 8am here in UK .
Richard

Thanks Richard and to all that replied.