Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Constant noise

Ok this is my third time out with my Deus and every time I have constant noise going on in my headphones. I thought the first time emu, but the same thing my second and now third time out. I've tried dropping the sebsitivity, offsetting the frequency. And I get it on all 4 frequencies. I even tried turning off my cellphone in case that was causing it. Just standing here it's going nuts.
What else should I try?

sorry but that made me smile :biggrin: your lucky its not emu's they are pretty mean :drool:

for your chatter problem is there heaps of metal in the ground??

AJ

Nope, no setting changes stop it. I even hold the coil in the air and it still does it

John (Australia) said:
Does the noise abate at all if you increase discrimination or change the ground balance by trying tracking?

It does it even with the coil in the air

amberjack said:
sorry but that made me smile :biggrin: your lucky its not emu's they are pretty mean :drool:

for your chatter problem is there heaps of metal in the ground??

AJ

Are you in the same area? Some places here are just noisy spots at certain times of day. Emi can get ya regardless of your settings.

yep try another spot out in the open away from any emi sources if it still does it you may have to send it in to get fixed is it new to you the detector?

good luck!!

AJ

It is 2 years old, looks like new. So yea, it's new to me. I know its still under warranty, but I'd rather not have to send it in. The guy told me he didn't have any issues with it and he did offer to give me my money back, the seller came highly recommended.

amberjack said:
yep try another spot out in the open away from any emi sources if it still does it you may have to send it in to get fixed is it new to you the detector?

good luck!!

AJ

Not sure what noise your hearing but the Deus is a chatty machine and your unit is probably acting normal. Not real sure though.

Can or will the guy you bought it from help you out? He would be the first person to ask for help, in my opinion.

run 18khz if the emus are bad the lower kHz are great but they are chatty if there is emi about modern internet wi fi is the worst :punch:

AJ

No if you have exhausted all your options as in location (to rule out EMI) and settings....then reload the v.4 software. As I mentioned before, the initial release had issues and there were two silent updates. Eliminate your variables, if the preceding have been done above that means you need to exclude the possibility that it was a bad update that the previous owner installed.

I'm hoping I have time to reload V4 tonight, was hoping to do it last night but of course life sometimes gets in our way

jadocs said:
No if you have exhausted all your options as in location (to rule out EMI) and settings....then reload the v.4 software. As I mentioned before, the initial release had issues and there were two silent updates. Eliminate your variables, if the preceding have been done above that means you need to exclude the possibility that it was a bad update that the previous owner installed.

Just to be on the safe side, if you haven't yet, take off your coil cover and clean out any dirt that may have accumulated between the coil and the cover. It can make a difference.

I had the same problem and after I took the coil cover off and cleaned it out the chatter stopped. Hope the problem you're having is that easy to fix.

Have you tried removing coil cover and cleaning the coil?
My $.02