Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Construction Sites

AZWIP

Still being somewhat of a rookie... I read aton of posts when I can... I seem to read that many folks like hitting the build/construction sites? Why is that? I would think they would be extremely trashy? What is the allure? I know, dumb question. But just had to ask. Thanks folks.

Construction site can be extremely good if it was a former old building site.
Reason is it may have originally been a 18th or 19th century habitation or extensively used site by the pioneers.
When they scrape the soil or dirt it could uncover deeper old coins or relics.
Where they spread the dirt or deposits it could be just as lucrative

I agree with Joel.... you never know what might have been at the site many years ago.
Another good reason to hunt constructions sites is that with the excavating going on, the ground is cleared of brush and trees making it easier to hunt.
I was furtunate to come across a construction next to a building that I worked at and the land had not been developed, but was next to some railroad tracks.
I had only been detecting for about a month when the excavating took place and after asking permission to hunt site, Two friends and I recovered over 130 civil war bullets and lots of melted lead from the site.
We also found some old horseshoes and a couple of buttons.
Now this site would have been impossible to hunt before due to the thick brush, but the clearing process made for some easy finds.
This site continued to give up bullets until it was finally paved over and it sure was fun to find civil war related relics for me as I was just starting out.
Many construction sites are fenced off and getting permission is impossible, but if you come across one that is accessible, by all means give it a shot... you may come across the find of a lifetime as many other have.
Good luck,
Felix