Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Constructive criticism wanted

DirtAngler

I've been using a coin and jewelry program I set up and could use opnions on it. I've been using it at an abandoned swim club and some older private yards with some success. It is a clad killer at the swim club and did result in some silver coins and at the private yard it has yielded 2 large cents and a half cent. Deepest coin dug with it was probably 7".
Here are the settings:

12 Khz
Notch 0-30
Disc 5
Sens. 95
Tx power 2
Iron vol. 3
Reactivity 2
Overload 0
Audio response 3
Silencer 2
4 tones, 200, 502, 603, 791 , threshholds 0-5, 5 - 50, 50 - 88, 88 up

Seems to work well for eliminating iron and still register on jewelry and coins.
I admit I'm not sure about some of the settings so what do you think I should have set up different.

Looks like good program to me. Darn near what I use. What has helped me is the ability to have friends with a CTX and an E Trac. When any of us get a weak or if'y signal, the other will come over and try to get a reading. If you are picking up what others aren't, stay with whats working. If they are getting signals and you aren't,thens something has got to get fixed.It's been good teamwork so far.

What is your ground balance setting?

Most always GB by pumping, most often 86/88. I guess I should trust the default but I only have it a couple of months and not that comfortable yet.

Try setting GB at 5 below actual pump reading and then keep it there with manual GB setting, it may help, also bump sensitivity to 98 if ground will allow, other than that, everything looks good although I never use notch. If you notch out your iron signal you may miss some good finds. When I hear iron I always slow down my swing and only move my next swing by