Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Continues to Amaze

Have you noticed even a slight difference/increase in depth. Not sure how mineralized your soil is
I have yet to be able to get out with the LG24 to do a actual hunt, I did get out in my yard and the one thing I have noticed is my GB values are totally different with the LG24 on my Legend, do not know what would cause that, unless it is all the moisture from the snow which I would have thought the GB numbers would have been higher due to the moisture now in the ground, my ground is highly mineralized with a lot of salt content and Iron Particles (magnetite) in my yard, so the moisture should have made my ground more conductive, but with the LG24 it seems has made it the complete opposite and now gives me lower GB numbers, anyone have any ideas I am all ears.

Have you noticed even a slight difference/increase in depth. Not sure how mineralized your soil is
No such thing as depth , this an old burn dump from the 40s. Throw a quarter on the ground , add 2" of "dirt" and it disappears regardless of frequency. "Soil" is composed of glass shards and disintegrated tin cans. Ground balancing is impossible , just put it in tracking and hope for the best.

I’ve been running the 6” in M1-F plus I can run Sens at fill 30 (Threshold just starting to make s hum at 2) and if I start getting into trashy type area I switch to 4khz. Pretty much dig anything clear and solid and avoiding jumpy numbers or 60. This has worked well for me here. This old park has had numerous crafts events, concerts, and just people playing for over a 100 yrs. Its been pretty well hit by everything and everybody but The Legend keeps finding coins no one else could.
It is most likely going to be next week before I am able to even give the LG24 a real go as we are supposed to get more snow on Thursday or Friday adding to the 6 inches that is on the ground from the last storm we got here in the area I live you would think being in Arizona we would not get snow in the area my wife and I live but we are

No such thing as depth , this an old burn dump from the 40s. Throw a quarter on the ground , add 2" of "dirt" and it disappears regardless of frequency. "Soil" is composed of glass shards and disintegrated tin cans. Ground balancing is impossible , just put it in tracking and hope for the best.
The ground you detect sound similar to the ground I detect, I do get a little more depth than you but not much over 5 1/2 to 6 inches all due to a thick layer of magnetite in my ground that runs any where from 4-6 inches down below the surface

if you drop a 2 inch rare earth magnet on the ground I detect it will come back looking like a fuzzy tennis ball, it makes for some vary tough detecting conditions and in a lot of cases a PI is your only option to battle the Magnetite and salt in my ground and even then sometimes it is a crap shoot with a PI

Every situation and area is different and also depends what and how you hunt.
At the beach is the only time the big coil would go on and run multi2.
Outside the beach the 6” and 15khz G or F depending if i really feel like actually digging everything and how trashy it is

The ground you detect sound similar to the ground I detect, I do get a little more depth than you but not much over 5 1/2 to 6 inches all due to a thick layer of magnetite in my ground that runs any where from 4-6 inches down below the surface

if you drop a 2 inch rare earth magnet on the ground I detect it will come back looking like a fuzzy tennis ball, it makes for some vary tough detecting conditions and in a lot of cases a PI is your only option to battle the Magnetite and salt in my ground and even then sometimes it is a crap shoot with a PI
wow you really have it tough.
Not to brag here its in the 80’s everyday now and the ground has no mineralization. But if it makes you feel better the soil is so sandy it doesn’t hold targets very long so finding anything old and good is very rare.
Seems like your ground retains targets but hard to detect.
I don’t know if anywhere has the best of both worlds lots of targets and easy to detect