Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Control unit

Meditech

After I put the control unit onto the stem its really hard to pull back off, I feel like I'm gonna break the control box. Does anyone else have a hard time getting it back off or is there a trick to getting it off easier?

Hold the unit with one hand to catch it and push from the bottom of the unit with your thumb of your other hand. I don

I feel the same. I cringe each time I tried to remove. I've started to wear on my belt in my case....just flip the magnet an it drops down to view. Still not as nice as on the stem though.

I have the same issue and fear. I use my thumb to push up from the bottom while holding the unit with my other hand like Deusdigger explained. Still hard to remove sometimes but better method than just grabbing it and pulling.

Doesnt seem to be wearing at all, no scratches on the control unit or stem

DD has the best reply.

The current fitting is better than the early Magnet type fitting.

We had a couple of users nearly 3 years back who nearly lost their controllers and thats where the safety Lanyards came in.

Dont try this, but take my word for it if you accidently knocked the controller really hard when out in the fields it will release to avoid damaging the unit.

Thats where the safety lanyard comes in.

Magic machine, I have liked it from its introduction to the UK market and received a lot of flack from the Armchair experts for a few months.

Then folks started to catch on and look where we are today. :thumbup: Jerry.

JBM said:
Magic machine, I have liked it from its introduction to the UK market and received a lot of flack from the Armchair experts for a few months.

Then folks started to catch on and look where we are today. :thumbup: Jerry.

We had our share of that too, Jerry! Here are a few quotes from the early days on the US forums:

"Way over priced, too many gadgets, too much to go wrong and looks like something from Maplins that costs

Thanks Mrt W,

Iam pleased to hear that I was not on my own.

Iam being grounded for a couple of months from Friday due to surgery for a nasty hernia.

I will watch with interest to see how you guys are doing while I read about the latest finds etc.:beers: Jerry.