Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Converting Whites coil plugs for older whites units

bigtim1973

My question is this....can you take a coil for a dfx like the 6x10 dd....and swap out the cable connector for a 6.59 unit...like for the xlt or classic style models?

I have a quantum 2 and really like it. However.....I think it would be a beast with a newer style dd coil.

I am good at soldering.....I am just wondering if it would be possible and work correctly.

Can anyone chime in??

Hi Tim. The connector is the same and you can swap coils DFX <-> XLT. (or other White's with the 5-pin) But the coils will not perform correct. To get it properly done you have to match in the frequency.

There is a difference in the connectors I thought. I am gonna have to go look again to be sure.
At White's only the MX-Sport and MX7 had different connectors compared to the rest of the detectors. BlueMax line (6kHz) Prizm line (8kHz) and Eclipse line (14kHz and MF) all shared the same 5-pin connector. MX-Sport & MX7 had the 8-pin connector.

Well I looked this morning and saw my large dd coil eclipse for the dfx does have the same plug as my quantum 2.
..I plugged it on to the quantum and it works however the depth is terrible.

.so with that said.....it is not going to work probably being a different ohm resistance to the unit. OH well....I guess I will forget about it for the time being.

My question is this....can you take a coil for a dfx like the 6x10 dd....and swap out the cable connector for a 6.59 unit...like for the xlt or classic style models?

I have a quantum 2 and really like it. However.....I think it would be a beast with a newer style dd coil.

I am good at soldering.....I am just wondering if it would be possible and work correctly.

Can anyone chime in??
The DFX coil isn't compatible with the Quantum's frequency. Whites made a shooter DD coil for the 6.6 khz units,but it's only 4" X 6". I think NEL made a Whites 6.6 khz DD coil.

Attachments

• shootercoil.jpg
    shootercoil.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for the input. I have looked into getting something that would work on the Quantum but.....they want almost if not more for the style of coil I am looking for compared to what the machine itself goes for.

So I am selling it now