Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Convince me TO NOT get a Legend.

Here is the other thing Nokta and their fan boys want to keep telling people that there is only a few people having issues, I am telling you that is a bald faced Lie there is way more than just a few of us with older Legends that are having issues with our older legends
I have detectors from Garrett, Fisher, Tesoro, Teknetics, Whites, Detech, Makro and Nokta. I am a fan boy for all of them. When you call someone a bald faced liar, I think that is going too far. I suppose that is your freedom of speech but I would think you would supply evidence like names and statistics (amount sold vs problems reported) to support your views. I had a problem with one update which was traced to my computer's USB port. The other two were super easy. I spend hours a day on different metal detecting forums researching the Legend before buying and it seems you are the only one who has had this much of a problem. You are also the only one who has reported maximum ferrious and also maximum salt levels in your soil. This is pretty much equivalent to black sand in sea water.

It seems almost everyone else is quite satisfied with the Legend including me and almost every one else who responded to this post. If the Legend and Nokta are so horrible why are you waiting for another update? If you think simultaneous multifrequency is all hype, don't buy one, there are plenty of great single and multiple frequency ones available. If you are frustrated, remove the source. Calling people names because you are frustrated is unnecessary. Oh, and congratulations on convincing a prospective buyer that an old cheap detector with no warranty is better than a new one with way more options. Do you think now Nokta will be more helpful to you in the future? In my opinion you should sell every Legend you have and purchase either a Simplex or another brand single frequency detector so you can be happy and not have to carry bad feelings with you when you post on the subject.

I have detectors from Garrett, Fisher, Tesoro, Teknetics, Whites, Detech, Makro and Nokta. I am a fan boy for all of them. When you call someone a bald faced liar, I think that is going too far. I suppose that is your freedom of speech but I would think you would supply evidence like names and statistics (amount sold vs problems reported) to support your views. I had a problem with one update which was traced to my computer's USB port. The other two were super easy. I spend hours a day on different metal detecting forums researching the Legend before buying and it seems you are the only one who has had this much of a problem. You are also the only one who has reported maximum ferrious and also maximum salt levels in your soil. This is pretty much equivalent to black sand in sea water.

It seems almost everyone else is quite satisfied with the Legend including me and almost every one else who responded to this post. If the Legend and Nokta are so horrible why are you waiting for another update? If you think simultaneous multifrequency is all hype, don't buy one, there are plenty of great single and multiple frequency ones available. If you are frustrated, remove the source. Calling people names because you are frustrated is unnecessary. Oh, and congratulations on convincing a prospective buyer that an old cheap detector with no warranty is better than a new one with way more options. Do you think now Nokta will be more helpful to you in the future? In my opinion you should sell every Legend you have and purchase either a Simplex or another brand single frequency detector so you can be happy and not have to carry bad feelings with you when you post on the subject.
well news flash for you, if you go on Facebook and look at all the post where people are having issues there are quite a few of us, and yes you are correct there are areas I detect that have extreme amounts of salt and magnetite that are extremely hard to detect with a VLF that's why I also use a PI on those types of sites, but there are also areas that I detect that are not so mineralized, that my Legends will not see in ground targets over 3 inches deep, again both my Legends were performing fantastic prior to installing the 1.11 version, I cannot tell you what happened or why they quit performing but both did and it was after the 1.11 was installed, again go to Facebook and look at the Legend groups and Nokta groups there are many reports of people having issues after installing 1.11 not just me like you ASSUME, contrary to what you think I actually loved the Legend prior to the 1.11 version and if you look back at my post prior to 1.11 I recommended the Legend to numerous people, i would have had no issues at all telling people to purchase a legend prior to 1.11, in fact I still love the Legend because I actually do know what the Legend can do, Why because I actually have a third legend that came from the factory with 1.11 installed already, so I know for a fact it is not the 1.11 version at all, because that particular legend will hit on in ground targets that my two older Legends will not even give you an indication there is even a target there all three running same version with identical settings apples for apples so you tell me what it is.

as far as me saying people are being lied to about the number of people that are having issues since installing 1.11 they are not being truthful about the number of people, so what would you call it for me personally it is a LIE, whether you like it or not facts are facts and I call a spade a spade

yes I will agree with you, the percentage of people having issues since installing 1.11 are small compared to the number of Legends that have been sold but unlike your statement that i am the only one reporting issues you are absolutely wrong in your thinking, the fact is there are several of us that have had nothing but issues since installing 1.11, those of us that are having issues have been told its user error well here is another news flash for you my brain didn't just suddenly freeze after I installed the 1.11, contrary to what you might believe.

well news flash for you, if you go on Facebook and look at all the post where people are having issues there are quite a few of us, and yes you are correct there are areas I detect that have extreme amounts of salt and magnetite that are extremely hard to detect with a VLF that's why I also use a PI on those types of sites, but there are also areas that I detect that are not so mineralized, that my Legends will not see in ground targets over 3 inches deep, again both my Legends were performing fantastic prior to installing the 1.11 version, I cannot tell you what happened or why they quit performing but both did and it was after the 1.11 was installed, again go to Facebook and look at the Legend groups and Nokta groups there are many reports of people having issues after installing 1.11 not just me like you ASSUME, contrary to what you think I actually loved the Legend prior to the 1.11 version and if you look back at my post prior to 1.11 I recommended the Legend to numerous people, i would have had no issues at all telling people to purchase a legend prior to 1.11, in fact I still love the Legend because I actually do know what the Legend can do, Why because I actually have a third legend that came from the factory with 1.11 installed already, so I know for a fact it is not the 1.11 version at all, because that particular legend will hit on in ground targets that my two older Legends will not even give you an indication there is even a target there all three running same version with identical settings apples for apples so you tell me what it is.

as far as me saying people are being lied to about the number of people that are having issues since installing 1.11 they are not being truthful about the number of people, so what would you call it for me personally it is a LIE, whether you like it or not facts are facts and I call a spade a spade

yes I will agree with you, the percentage of people having issues since installing 1.11 are small compared to the number of Legends that have been sold but unlike your statement that i am the only one reporting issues you are absolutely wrong in your thinking, the fact is there are several of us that have had nothing but issues since installing 1.11, those of us that are having issues have been told its user error well here is another news flash for you my brain didn't just suddenly freeze after I installed the 1.11, contrary to what you might believe.
I have had no problems with 1.11. updating detectors is a risky thing , thats why i don't like updating , things can go wrong

I have had no problems with 1.11. updating detectors is a risky thing , thats why i don't like updating , things can go wrong
I 100% agree with you.

the one thing that has never sat well with me is how the 1.11 ended up on my PCs to begin with

If everyone recalls prior to 1.11 being released to all of us there were three beta test versions 1.10, the 1.10 beta test version 3 was the version which 1.11 should have come out like, but for me it did not

prior to 1.11 being release with every update that came before 1.11 we all had to go to Nokta's site or Nokta/Macro for some of them it was suggested by Nokta and Nokta/Macro to shut our firewalls down and anti virus protection, which I always did then download whatever version was new, Extract the files then install the new update and after power your Legend down and re boot then perform a factory Default Reset (The Last Thing mentioned was not available until 1.08 was released to us which very quickly was changed to 1.09 because of some reported bugs this was the way it was supposed to be done even with the three beta test versions, I always followed the instructions to the Letter T

The morning 1.11 was released I went in and was going to Download the 1.11 version but prior to doing the Download I just happen to boot up the install tool that was already on my PC for the 1.10 Beta Test Version 3 I went through the steps once I got to the point to tell my Legend to update 1.10 Beta Test version 3 was no longer in that updater tool that was on my PC, 1.10 Beta Test version 3 had been replaced with 1.11 without me having to go and download it at all, again 1.11 just mysteriously was there with out having to go through the steps we had previously had to go through, also all the files for 1.10 beta Test Version 1,2,and 3 were just gone again I did not download 1.11 it was just there without having to do anything and honestly I believe that is what started the ball rolling to the issues I started seeing, not only was 1.11 on the PC i was going to use that morning to perform the install of 1.11 it was on three other PC I have that I also at different times to do some of the updates, I always downloaded the updates to all 4 of the PCs I owned and still do own, the 1.11 ended up in four different PCs with out having to download anything

I even posted up about this on several forums and Facebook to find out if anyone else had this happen never received a response from anyone.

None of the way 1.11 ending up on my four PCs has ever sat well with me.

I installed the 1.11 because 1.10 Beta Test version 3 was working fantastic for me, but after the install of 1.11 my Legend could not even see a target unless the coil was almost touching the target so I went back in re installed the 1.11, it took me three more re installs before that Legend would finally see a target at 3 inches and it has remained that way since, and before someone comes back at me yes i did the factory default reset, I have tried reverting back to earlier versions 1.07, 1.09 you name it I have tried it nothing has helped either of my first two Legends to regain their depth I was seeing in 1.10 Beta Test Version 3

Like I said in an earlier reply i do know that it is not the 1.11 version because of having that third Legend it works fantastic, has great depth very stable, TIDs very stable, but this is not the case with my two older Legends.

I 100% agree with you.

the one thing that has never sat well with me is how the 1.11 ended up on my PCs to begin with

If everyone recalls prior to 1.11 being released to all of us there were three beta test versions 1.10, the 1.10 beta test version 3 was the version which 1.11 should have come out like, but for me it did not

prior to 1.11 being release with every update that came before 1.11 we all had to go to Nokta's site or Nokta/Macro for some of them it was suggested by Nokta and Nokta/Macro to shut our firewalls down and anti virus protection, which I always did then download whatever version was new, Extract the files then install the new update and after power your Legend down and re boot then perform a factory Default Reset (The Last Thing mentioned was not available until 1.08 was released to us which very quickly was changed to 1.09 because of some reported bugs this was the way it was supposed to be done even with the three beta test versions, I always followed the instructions to the Letter T

The morning 1.11 was released I went in and was going to Download the 1.11 version but prior to doing the Download I just happen to boot up the install tool that was already on my PC for the 1.10 Beta Test Version 3 I went through the steps once I got to the point to tell my Legend to update 1.10 Beta Test version 3 was no longer in that updater tool that was on my PC, 1.10 Beta Test version 3 had been replaced with 1.11 without me having to go and download it at all, again 1.11 just mysteriously was there with out having to go through the steps we had previously had to go through, also all the files for 1.10 beta Test Version 1,2,and 3 were just gone again I did not download 1.11 it was just there without having to do anything and honestly I believe that is what started the ball rolling to the issues I started seeing, not only was 1.11 on the PC i was going to use that morning to perform the install of 1.11 it was on three other PC I have that I also at different times to do some of the updates, I always downloaded the updates to all 4 of the PCs I owned and still do own, the 1.11 ended up in four different PCs with out having to download anything

I even posted up about this on several forums and Facebook to find out if anyone else had this happen never received a response from anyone.

I installed the 1.11 because 1.10 Beta Test version 3 was working fantastic for me, but after the install of 1.11 my Legend could not even see a target unless the coil was almost touching the target so I went back in re installed the 1.11, it took me three more re installs before that Legend would finally see a target at 3 inches and it has remained that way since, and before someone comes back at me yes i did the factory default reset, I have tried reverting back to earlier versions 1.07, 1.09 you name it I have tried it nothing has helped either of my first two Legends to regain their depth I was seeing in 1.10 Beta Test Version 3

Like I said in an earlier reply i do know that it is not the 1.11 version because of having that third Legend it works fantastic, has great depth very stable, TIDs very stable, but this is not the case with my two older Legends.
Did the beta updates require special steps to access? If so that explains why you needed to go through more of a process to get those. If you have the update tool downloaded then it seems to me that the official update will automatically be there if your PC is connected to the internet.

I get why it hurts. Stuff like that is very irritating.

I will say that I recently bought a legend and updated it to 1.13 and so far I really like it!

Did the beta updates require special steps to access? If so that explains why you needed to go through more of a process to get those. If you have the update tool downloaded then it seems to me that the official update will automatically be there if your PC is connected to the internet.

I will say that I recently bought a legend and updated it to 1.13 and so far I really like it!
No the 1.10 Beta Test version did not require any special steps, you downloaded them the same way you download any of the other updates

what you are saying about it automatically being on your PC, makes no since because if that was the case all the other updates would have done the same thing once you had one of the installer tools on your PC, the next new update would have just automatically appear in your PC once you had a updater tool installed, the 1.11 and also the 1.13 are the only two versions that has done what I am describing

I 100% agree with you.

Koot good morning. Although I have read some of your posts I have not followed the issues you have been having too closely. My question is, have you sent one or both of the machines in question back to Nokta. I read somewhere they said it was user error but in my mind if you went so far as to buy a new computer, had no issues updating earlier versions I would think Nokta, with their commitment to the customer would want to get their hands on that machine to verify just where the problem lies. If that avenue is closed I would ask Nokta if they would be willing to replace them under warranty. Just my two cents. By the way since we last spoke I have about 25 hours on my Legend now. It came with 1.11. Have to say I really enjoy hunting with it. Last hunt using the LG24 coil it had no problem hitting 7 & 8 inch coins, in my soil an 8in. coin is considered pretty deep. As far as updates go, I don't need 1.13, I prefer vibrate only on my pinpointer. And when boost mode comes out I have to say I will wait and see how that goes before attempting to download it. My laptop is over 7 years old running Windows 10 and my desktop is a vintage Gateway running Windows 7, so you can see how up to snuff I am with technology. Ha ha. Hope you get your issues worked out. Mark

^^^^^ My experience has been similar to Mark up above and have dug as many or more deep coins with the Legend as I did with either the etrac or CTX , my dirt consistently balances in the low single digits. I could/would not update to 1.11 until Nokta did whatever voodoo they do to make doing the updates possible without having to turn off the firewall and anti virus stuff but found it simple and straight forward after that , and I am a tech ignoramus. Simplest solution is sending one of your "defective" machines back to Nokta , the most dubious is looking to Facebook for solutions.

but unlike your statement that i am the only one reporting issues

it seems you are the only one who has had this much of a problem.
I did not say you were the only one, just that you are the only one to have had this much of a problem as demonstrated by your continual posts of negative comments and allegations about the Nokta Legend updates over the past year or so.

, so what would you call it for me personally it is a LIE, whether you like it or not facts are facts and I call a spade a spade

Call me a "bald faced liar" all you want. It doesn't bother me. Facts are facts but your personal opinion does not make them so.

^^^^^ My experience has been similar to Mark up above and have dug as many or more deep coins with the Legend as I did with either the etrac or CTX , my dirt consistently balances in the low single digits. I could/would not update to 1.11 until Nokta did whatever voodoo they do to make doing the updates possible without having to turn off the firewall and anti virus stuff but found it simple and straight forward after that , and I am a tech ignoramus. Simplest solution is sending one of your "defective" machines back to Nokta , the most dubious is looking to Facebook for solutions.
Yes sir, I agree. I have spoke with Andy at We Dig Mds, great guy. If Oldkoot could get him to update the machine in as is condition, that would be the tell all. Let the chips fall where they may and put the issue to rest for good.

I did not say you were the only one, just that you are the only one to have had this much of a problem as demonstrated by your continual posts of negative comments and allegations about the Nokta Legend updates over the past year or so.

Call me a "bald faced liar" all you want. It doesn't bother me. Facts are facts but your personal opinion does not make them so.
to start I never called you specifically a bald face Liar if that's how you took what I said I apologize, what I said is those saying its just a few is a bald faced lie, and no I am not the only one that has been vocal about the issues that those of us are having, there have been numerous post on Facebook with people having issues, but everyone wants to chock it up to user error, which I will agree some of it could be user error but with out actually seeing it first hand as to what the person that is saying there is an issue, how can anyone say its user error.

Delik a few weeks ago asked for a volunteer to send in a Legend that was having issues, I offered mine up because of the issues I have been seeing, I would have sent both my Legends that I am having issues with to them, they chose someone else to send in their Legend, I have sent numerous emails, attempted numerous phone calls to the U.S repair center left voicemails for them to call me back none and I repeat none of my emails have been replied to and none of my phone calls have received a return call

so I want to ask how ticked would you have been if that had been done to you most would be the same as me, there was a person on a different forum did offer for me to send my Legends to them and let them try to update on their PC, to see if it would make a difference, and they even offered to pay for me to send them to him, which I did not expect him to do I was grateful they offered, but here is my issue with that we are supposed to have a three year warranty on the Legend it should be up to Nokta to honor that warranty and offer to take a look at my two Legends and they have not it is as simple as that what good is having a warranty if its not going to be honored

Koot good morning. Although I have read some of your posts I have not followed the issues you have been having too closely. My question is, have you sent one or both of the machines in question back to Nokta. I read somewhere they said it was user error but in my mind if you went so far as to buy a new computer, had no issues updating earlier versions I would think Nokta, with their commitment to the customer would want to get their hands on that machine to verify just where the problem lies. If that avenue is closed I would ask Nokta if they would be willing to replace them under warranty. Just my two cents. By the way since we last spoke I have about 25 hours on my Legend now. It came with 1.11. Have to say I really enjoy hunting with it. Last hunt using the LG24 coil it had no problem hitting 7 & 8 inch coins, in my soil an 8in. coin is considered pretty deep. As far as updates go, I don't need 1.13, I prefer vibrate only on my pinpointer. And when boost mode comes out I have to say I will wait and see how that goes before attempting to download it. My laptop is over 7 years old running Windows 10 and my desktop is a vintage Gateway running Windows 7, so you can see how up to snuff I am with technology. Ha ha. Hope you get your issues worked out. Mark
you cannot just send them back in for them to look at you have to fill out a service request on the Nokta site then wait for them to email you back with a RMA and tell you where to send it which is in Missouri for the U.S, again I have sent several emails and attempted to contact the U.S service center to no avail my emails have gone un responded to and my phone calls unanswered

the only saving grace in this whole mess is someone from somewhere sent me a New control Pod which has only ever had the 1.11 version in it it came from the factory with 1.11 installed already, that particular control head performs like I feel it should perform and hit in ground targets that my two older units will not hit

it is hard for me to do a video showing the difference between my two older units and this new control head because of the situation with my wife having severe dementia, taking care of her is a 7 day a week job 24 hours per day i can not just go off to do videos and leave her by herself, it is what it is and anyone that has had to deal with someone with severe dementia knows what I am talking about, yes I do set down occasionally to catch my breath but when I get that opportunity i dang sure am not thinking about a metal detector, or doing videos, that is about it most of the time when I am replying to things on forums or groups is after it is dark outside and my wife has finally settled down a bit, so I take the opportunity to look at forums and Facebook and make replies, the last 6 months it has only continued to get worse and worse, and then I went down with issues with my back and a hernia, and no I am not making excuses it is what it is, i am sure some can relate.

the other thing in your comment it has not been for the past year it has been since the 1.11 was released to all of us, prior to the 1.11 I was one of the biggest advocates for the Legend it was a fantastic detector.

Love to hear more about the 1.13 version.

Like anything else I believe you’re going to regret not getting that Legend. Just because some units had issues doesnt mean they all did, mine upgraded to 1.11 with not hitches. I’ve never bought anything new that didnt need either an adjustment or a minor fix. Its part of mass production.
X2