Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cool Field Find Today

OhioMike

Today I was looking for areas of activity. Running in all metal and just doing some crisscross patterns on high ground areas. Got a loud and long response that was an obvious large target and pulled out an old splitting wedge. Funny thing was it was straight in the ground as if hammered in. About 5" down. That's part of what I enjoy about field hunting, you just never know what you'll dig up.
Mike

neat. good that your liking that new vaq.

I bet that wedge has a good story to tell if it could talk.

tabman

did you recheck the hole, it may have been pointing to a Cash nice old find

Gunnar, I did recheck the hole and unfortunately nothing else there. I did find a button earlier within about 5 feet of the wedge find. My thinking is some poor guy was working so hard he popped a button right off his shirt. lol.
Mike

Were you hunting on a sports field, or an old sports field? Sometimes, things like wedges or old bolts or other largish iron objects are used as markers for the lines on the field. They are hammered in when the fields are originally surveyed, and removing them often requires the fields to be re-surveyed, so they can be properly marked and lined.

Furious T, guess I should have specified. I was hunting in cornfield that hasn't been planted yet on my farm.
Mike