Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Core on the way!

In the search for a decent detector in iron that doesn't break the bank for extra coils, I've opted to give the Core pro pack a go. I've heard good things about this detector and look forward to trying it out at my field sites. It will be interesting to see if the the shooter coil can find anything in some of these iron laden sites that my Deus could possibly have missed... I'm not expecting a miracle detector, even a target or two would be surprising as I have hunted these sites hard. Time will tell! I'll try to film my hunts at these sites in particular so folks can see the results first hand. Still on the fence as whether to run in DI2 or DI3.

a little fair time afield and you'll learn that the FORS CoRe [size=small](and the Racer for Makro followers)[/size] is:

Very easy to adjust and get into action.
Very versatile and an excellent performer in a densely trashed [size=small](especially iron)[/size] site.
Absolutely deadly in the toughest environment when using the smaller coil I call an 'OOR' because it is just slightly Out-Of-Round. But that little 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD will get fantastic depth for its size when out in the open, and will zap out a good hit on desired targets in dense, ugly trash conditions.

If you have a site that you have hunted a fair amount with your Deus and feel the site would make a good environment for comparison, I suggest you take a day, or good part of one, do the following.:

First: Visually grid an area to be searched, then work it with your Deus and the standard round 9" DD coil. Use the settings you feel would provide the best results for you, as if you just happened upon the site for the first time. Keep all the good targets and bad targets you recover, and monitor the amount of detecting time you work the Deus.

Second: Use the FORS CoRe with e standard 7X11 DD coil. Cover the very same site working the very same directions as you did the Deus, and be fair to monitor the time and spend an equal amount with the FORS CoRe w/stock coil. With the Deus you would be using 'custom' settings, but for fun, try using the FORS CoRe with the default settings ONLY for the same period of time. Hunt in the Di2, two tone mode but leave it at the default settings for everything with the exception of Ground Balancing before you start the hunt [size=small](do not use auto-tracking)[/size]. Again, same all trash targets and favorable response targets for comparison.

Third: Repeat this all over again, without making any settings changes, except select the Di3 three-tone search mode. Ignore those low-tone Iron audio responses, but listen to them to know how much ferrous junk is present. Recover all the desirable sounding hits in the middle-tone as well as high-tone range. Spend the same amount of time in 3-tone as you did in 2-tone as you did with the Deus. Save all the recovered targets, good and bad, for comparison. Do not change modes or settings, just select the search mode, GB, and hunt the exact amount of time over the same site.

Forth and finally: Mount the small 'OOR' coil. By now you should have an idea if you prefer the Di2 or Di3 audio responses for the site conditions, but for now, just select the Di3 three-tone search mode. Do not make any settings changes, only GB and hunt away. Spend the same amount of time on the same site that the Deus worked, and has now been worked twice with the FORS using the standard coil in both motion-Disc. search modes. Hear the iron tone responses, but again, recover all the iffy and good mid-tone and high-tone responses. Keep all bad and good targets for comparison.

Now, if you did a fair field comparison at the same site, same area, same day and conditions, it should be interesting. Look at all the good and bad targets you recovered with the Deus and stock coil using a detector you are familiars and comfortable with, and certainly using some custom programmed settings.

Next, compare the in-the-field results using the FORS CoRe with stock coil and each search mode. With the Di2 results you had already just covered the same area with your Deus. Then look at the Di3 and stock coil recoveries. Those were after hitting the same area with the Deus then the FORS and Di2, and again, only running the stock settings.

Now scratch your head a bit as you look at what the FORS CoRe and little coil did using the 3-Tone mode and only the default settings. And after being worked three times right before it!

You will have a very fair idea of what the FORS Coin & Relic is capable of doing, right out-of-the-box with only a search coil choice and search mode selection .... and no other function changes like Sensitivity or ID Mask [size=small](Discrimination)[/size]. So, just imagine what you could do using only a few simple, easy-to-make adjustment changes that you can tailor for any search mode that might be a better fit for various hunting environments. Keep in mind this would all be done using the default settings which has the Sensitivity at '50' which is mid-range of the adjustment.

This will only take you the better part of one day, then you can come report in about what you think of the FORS CoRe. There is good reason why I have my FORS and Racers all ready-to-hunt having bumped all the other detectors I had/have from the #1 All-Purpose spot and riding on my back seat.

Monte

I'll say you're in for a big eye opener. Like Monte said turn it on select mode, DI3 is killer! GB and go. You're gonna love it...........

JFlynn said:
I'll say you're in for a big eye opener. Like Monte said turn it on select mode, DI3 is killer! GB and go. You're gonna love it...........

I totally agree with jFlynn abd Monte all the way. I'm about 10 minutes away from swinging my core in open fields as well ... Woohoo

Bubba

n/t

Dang Monte, nothing like putting me on the spot! Lol.. I would love to conduct such a test. Unfortunately, my wife spent the last ten days in Rome and Paris attempting to drain my bank account, plus my four teenaged kiddos at home eating everything in sight didn't allow me to keep both detectors in my arsenal.

NOTE: If someone cares to part with their Deus for a couple weeks I'd be happy to do the comparison. Although I can say that....

I have had the luxury of detecting each of these sites very thoroughly with the Deus' 9" coil (three separate hunts at each site) and the 11" coil (one hunt at each site strictly looking to acquire deeper signals with the larger coil...).

Unfortunately, the ground conditions could vary based upon the time frame difference, but I feel that all the other variables are consistent with each other as the site(s) are currently what I would consider empty of "clean"or even semi "clean" target responses with the Deus. I say site(s) as I am considering three of them off the top of my head, possibly four if I have the time.

I like your approach, tho. It removes many of the variables that many would try to sway another as being one sided/favored.

What I can do is give an unbiased review to both detectors on real sites via posts and (if my computer cooperates) video. I'll be honest tho, it would be hard to NOT bump up the gain and drop the disc. as that is how I ran the Frenchie! I mean fair is fair, right? I guess that will depend on time available for me and when crops are going in...

Will keep you all posted. I'm expecting the Core early next week, but unfortunately I have to work for a living. Luckily my wife condones the hobby, so I'll be out in the evenings!

What I can do is give an unbiased review to both detectors on real sites via posts and (if my computer cooperates) video. I'll be honest tho, it would be hard to NOT bump up the gain and drop the disc. as that is how I ran the Frenchie! I mean fair is fair, right?

What you will find out is the start up DI3 mode will out hunt the Deus. It did for me by a long shot. Your trash to finds ratio will be non existant. Deus is a crap shoot, dig it and hope it's good almost. The audio is the best you'll ever use on these Turkish units, lot's of nuances to learn for the ear. Very informative audio that once learned will allow you to not dig trash hardly at all.

I cant wait to hear your thoughts Triplehooked, I know for me it is a phenomenal machine and I am more than happy with its performance to date.

greaser said:
I cant wait to hear your thoughts Triplehooked, I know for me it is a phenomenal machine and I am more than happy with its performance to date.

Triple hooked , I agree with greaser and many other fine folks 100%. You will love it! If money is an issue, purchase thru PayPal where you have no interest for 6 months, like i did :)