Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Core pro pack coils

Hi all. I just sold my Frenchie machine and am looking hard at the Core pro pack. I'm thinking this would be a great package for an all around field and home site style of detecting. I know the shooter coil is superb at separation, but what are you folks thinking about the other two coils offered in the pro package? Depth, separation, etc.... Unfortunately I haven't seen any for sale used on the forums, but I guess that's a good sign of a sleeper detector! Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Also, is there really any difference in dealers as they are all supplied by Kco, correct?

Thanks

especially if anyone wants or has a need for some of the extras in the pack.

The small Out-of-Round 'OOR' coil is most definitely a tool you will use in any trash infested site, or if there's a lot of brush or building rubble to work around.

The larger coil is not a size that most average hobbyists would want, but it is a useful tool to have, especially if you hunt relics that could be larger-size and/or deeper and have quite an area to cover. I got side-tracked today and wasn't able to work our beach with it, but plan on giving the larger coil a try there tomorrow if the high winds ease up. It is bigger, thus heavier, and I'm not sure how long I will hang in there with my bad back, but I'll give it a try and report in tomorrow sometime [size=small](Wednesday)[/size].

My main plans for the larger coil is for sites where I am hunting for brass railroad locks and other bigger-size targets in taller grasses and brush. You'll have to ask yourself what uses you might have for a larger-size coil.

Also in the Pro Package are the Environmental Covers for the handgrip & display as well as the control housing. I like to pamper my equipment and often haven't used EC's but I do on my FORS and Racer's.

Other little things like the zippered finds holder that you can slip in your pocket is useful. There's a finds-pouch that some like, and for me I found it to be a handy 'extra' to have along in case someone I am hunting with forgot theirs or doesn't have one.

To ME, the Pro Package is well worth the investment compared with buying any accessory coils and items after-the-fact.

Monte

Thanks Monte. I figured that since there aren't many 'pro' packages up for sale that people are liking their purchases. I was thinking the larger coil would be a great 'sweeper' for the fringe areas of field sites and to possibly gain a little depth in the lesser iron infested areas. I also like the idea of having enviro. covers for the field as I'm never careful enough, and the dirt gets everywhere..... The standard coil seems to be doing well and the shooter 'OOR' coil is quickly gaining respect as top in separating iron from non-ferrous. I wanted to hear from folks in the field as we all know what looks good may in fact may not be all that it suggests...

Thanks again.

Travis

Ran mine today with the stock coil in a less trashy old homesite. We had hunted this quite a few times with other machines. Got about 20 coins and part of that was 5 nickels:thumbup:The best investment in a detector you can make if you ask me. I flat love the CoRe and the Racer is just a half smidgen behind it for my uses.

Jack, I'm thinking the core over the Racer more for ergonomics and the three coil package. Plus there is something about just looking at the vdi vs.a bunch of options, kind of nostalgic... Happy to see that you are doing well with it!

With the CoRe and the way it fits on your arm, design of it. The coils will sit a lot further out in front of you than with a regular detector and be balanced perfectly. The small and stock coil just hover way out there. You will use your strap with the machine and won't feel like you've detected at all. However the biggest reason is you will be holding the grip, rather just barely touching it with your pinky and ring finger. Very very relaxed position while detecting with it.

I wish the core converted over to English depth mode..