Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CoRe settings

Herb Jones

I have only had my CoRe for a week of so. It has taken the Top spot in my arsenal... bumped the T2Claasic for overal performance versatility... I think it's a very cool machine, one Indoubt I will get rid of, as it rounds out My collection nicely.... I have read a lot about it in older post, but wanted to know what settings you all have found to work best. As of yet I have mostly stuck with the turn on settings, so that I could get a grip on the machines basic set up... after about 50hrs of use, I think I am ready to try to tweak it and see what else it can do... can anyone who uses this machine regularly give me some guidance? Most Of what I see pertaining to settings is from people who had their units for a short period of time. But since it's been out for a few years now I wonder if anyone has further unlocked any sweet spots in regard to Adjustments. I mainly kill coins in New Orleans, but they have settled deep. I usually ground bAlance in the low 60's

Monte knows just about everything about this machine. Read his posts in here and his responses to me when I first started with it.

I acquired the CoRe last summer. It took some time to get used to it as I initially thought it wasn't as user friendly as my F19 or the F5 I had at the time. I really like it now and it has allowed me to find good things in areas I had previously done with many other detectors. The sound on a target really tells you a lot with this machine (more than the visual ID anyway) so make sure you have a good set of headphones paired to it. Try higher gain settings than stock for depth. I can run mine to about 90 on most sites in DI3. I've used mine mainly in DI3 for coins just because I like the high tone sound on high conductors. I'm experimenting more with DI2 and prefer that mode when I want to dig everything including the small gold, lead and brass range.I find DI2 to be quite stable as well but just a little less with a bigger coil than in DI3. I've never used GEN so far. I usually set my discrimination/masking to 40 to cancel out iron targets but a setting of about 20 will take out nails at least.

Have fun with your machine. Make sure you hit some spots where you had success with previous detectors. You might be surprised at what you left there. The CoRe is really good at unmasking in difficult sites especially with a smaller coil. Keep us posted on your finds. I'm snowed in for another couple of months.

Herb Jones said:
I mainly kill coins in New Orleans, but they have settled deep.

I would start out using the Stock coil and Di2, as much gain as I could run. I would run my ID Mask at 10. Di2 is the deepest discrimination mode. If your sites are littered with a bunch of non-ferrous trash, then you might want to switch to Di3 and/or use a smaller coil. What selection of coils do you have with your machine? Also, ID Mask at 10 will let you hear just about everything if its too busy/noisy you can set your ID Mask at 21 and that's enough to knock out nails.

And like DFMike said, go thru some of the older posts that Monte has posted about the Fors CoRe, lots of information there.

I have all four available from Nokta ... the pro package plus the 9.5"x5"...

I tried searching through the old post, but my comms are intermittent at best, until I get back shoreside.

Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.