Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Correct charger base?

Geologyhound

I purchased my D2 about a year ago and have just left the charge mains and USB base either plugged into the wall or next to that outlet. I went to charge my detector the other day and found one of my family members had taken the USB base!

I vaguely recall the original instructions mentioning all of the markings which needed to be on a proper base to charge XP equipment. So I have always considered the original base as dedicated for my detector. Problem is I never paid attention to it after I got it so I don’t remember what it looked like.

Could somebody please post a picture of what their charging base looks like? Also does anyone know whether a standard USB plug-in will work for a charger base for XP equipment?

I have attached a picture of the only loose unknown base I have found. I don’t remember it being white and it doesn’t look like the pictures on the XP website. But, I don’t know if all the units are shipped with the black base shown on the XP website.

I am just afraid of frying my equipment if I use the wrong charger. So any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• D1AC9E36-E475-46B3-923C-126C99717C3A.jpeg
    D1AC9E36-E475-46B3-923C-126C99717C3A.jpeg
    908.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 1F59F2C7-6B8F-467B-9F2A-9C9B26EA672A.jpeg
    1F59F2C7-6B8F-467B-9F2A-9C9B26EA672A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
This is the one that came with mine, but I use a charging block that has 12 usb ports to charge the Deus 2 and my other detectors. Headphones too. I don't even use this one. As long as it has the 5v standard output, it should be fine. I wouldn't try any fast charger that comes with some phones.

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
I purchased my D2 about a year ago and have just left the charge mains and USB base either plugged into the wall or next to that outlet. I went to charge my detector the other day and found one of my family members had taken the USB base!

I vaguely recall the original instructions mentioning all of the markings which needed to be on a proper base to charge XP equipment. So I have always considered the original base as dedicated for my detector. Problem is I never paid attention to it after I got it so I don’t remember what it looked like.

Could somebody please post a picture of what their charging base looks like? Also does anyone know whether a standard USB plug-in will work for a charger base for XP equipment?

I have attached a picture of the only loose unknown base I have found. I don’t remember it being white and it doesn’t look like the pictures on the XP website. But, I don’t know if all the units are shipped with the black base shown on the XP website.

I am just afraid of frying my equipment if I use the wrong charger. So any help is greatly appreciated!
I have outlet now that have the slots for the cords only to plug into on my outlets no need to have a plug in its nice has USB and the mini like the Iphone uses
Mark

I have outlet now that have the slots for the cords only to plug into on my outlets no need to have a plug in its nice has USB and the mini like the Iphone uses
Mark

One of the “smart” chargers that senses the needed draw and has overcharge, overcurrent protection?

One of the “smart” chargers that senses the needed draw and has overcharge, overcurrent protection?
yes they are smart chargers I've never had a problem with them
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_2271.png
    IMG_2271.png
    392.8 KB · Views: 34
I usually do most of my charging using one of the lithium battery packs (got a couple 30K mAH) while going from site to site.

This is the one that came with mine, but I use a charging block that has 12 usb ports to charge the Deus 2 and my other detectors. Headphones too. I don't even use this one. As long as it has the 5v standard output, it should be fine. I wouldn't try any fast charger that comes with some phones.
Same. I charge everything off my Juicy multiport charger and never had one issue with charging anything including all XP equipment.👍