Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CORS coil for Garrett CX

straker

I was wondering if anyone ever purchased or uses one of these coils?
CORS Fortune 9.5"x5.5” DD Search Coil for Garrett Master Hunter CX Detector.

Over 100 views and no feedback? Doesn't anyone here want to 'pimp' their big box CX or Grand Master Hunters with new coils or lighter battery conversions? Evidently not.

I have the CD Plus, rarely use it but it is a keeper. Will make do with factory coils and battery holder.

The battery conversion I'm talking about is using hollow C cell battery spacers that you can shove a AA battery inside. You can do this with the 6 C cell battery trays as the contacts are cone shaped and make excellent contact. I use lithium batteries for extended battery life.
The standard concentric 8.5" crossfire is okay,but I thought the new CORS DD coil can get in between trash better and not prone to masking. The verdict is out on that coil as I don't have it yet. I just want to modernize these big box plastic green machines,because the are worth keeping. I have both the original Grand Master Hunter made in 1988 and CX III pre-power master.

Decided to sell my Garretts and move on. No longer interested in what the great charlie clone Canucklehead has to say...