Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cors Scout coil info needed 4 R2

Joseph in Alabama

Hey guys
Any help appreciated from anyone that's used/using the Cors Scout on the Racer 2..pros/cons....thank you for your time....joe

You asked about this coil for the Racer 2, a model I know rather well. The Scout coil measures 8½X12½ which is only marginally larger than the standard Nokta/Macro 7X11 DD. Naturally, a lot will depend on the type of hunting you'll be doing, and the environment of the site you'll be hunting. That info you didn't share so I'll answer your question relativity the detectors and coils I choose to use for the types of hunting I like to do.

I primarily Relic Hunt old and out-of-the-way locations that once had quite a bit of activity. That means I am dealing with sagebrush and overgrowth, building rubble, and various amounts of discarded debris, the bulk of which is iron. Also, most of these sites abound in rusty tin. To better handle the brush, rocks, rubble and dense debris, I prefer to use smaller-size search coils. With the Racer 2 my favorites for the really dense iron areas are the 'OOR' or 5" DD coils. For modest trash areas and a great general-purpose coil, I like the Nokta/Makro 7" Concentric.

To me, and for quite a few friends who use standard-to-larger size search coils, especially if working hillsides and other sloped or uneven ground, the standard 7X11 becomes fatiguing in a short time. Instead, if I want to use something like a 7X11 or a round 11" search coil, I will grab one of my other Nokta / Makro devices that balance better with a 'standard' coil.. When Relic Hunting wide-open areas with sparse unwanted targets, I have my larger 13X15 DD for my FORS CoRe which is ideal for large-targets searches. The CORS Scout coil is quite possibly heavier than the Nokta/Makro 7X11 and, to me, with the minimal size difference, I do not see where there would be any benefit in the Scout coil. If I was searching for larger-size targets and wanted a bit better depth, I would consider the CORS Cannon coil which is 12½X14½.

However, most of my standard-size to larger-size search coils I keep in my Accessory Coil Tote except for one Nokta model, and I keep a smaller or maybe a mid-size coil mounted on all my other Regular-Use 'Team' because I hunt in densely littered sites 95% of the time. If you have a Racer 2 w/o a standard cil then I could see considering the 8½X12½ Scout coil, but if that's the case I have several extra standard Racer 2 coils on-hand I'd be glad to share with you.

Monte