Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cors Shrew coil air test

Tom Slick

Received the Cors Shrew coil yesterday. Coil measure 3.5" X 6.5" DD. Tried it side by side to the Makro 4.6" X 5.1" OOR coil and the newer 5.5" round coil. I could tell no difference between the three depth wise on US coins, and I couldn't tell any difference between the Racer and the Racer 2. My test showed the following:
Quarter 9"
Dime 7.5"
Penny 7.5"
Nickel 6"

What I found interesting was that the Racers with the 5.5" X 10" and 7" X 11" coils will air test a nickel farther away than a penny, dime, or quarter, but the Racer will detect a penny, dime, or quarter farther away than a nickel with the smaller coils.

Just in case anyone's interested.

Tom, glad you like the shrew coil and it seems to work well. Just received one but haven't had a chance to get out and use it yet. Look forward to trying it.

Thanks for posting your test results Tom.

I've dug some deep nickles with the stock Racer coil, and the OOR coil too.

I've been a little bit interested in the CORS Scout 12.5″ x 8.5″ DD coil, but would like to see some test results before getting in on one. It would be nice to have something between the stock 11" DD and the 15.5" DD coil for open area hunting, and trying to get a little bit more depth. I liked the factory 15.5" coil, but due to the weight and non-ergonomic layout of the coil attachment and detector, after a bit it slowed you down on detecting and I felt that I probably could have covered more ground with the stock coil simply by the fact that it doesn't cause arm fatigue which slows you down.

hh,
Brian

Brian,
The Scout is a coil I may have to look at also. I think it might be a good coil for hunting the dry beach sand. I'm usually looking for targets lost the day before so depth isn't my main objective. I'm looking for coverage without too much weight.

Brian I did order the Mars Tiger Coil ( 10 x 13 ) Its on its way from the Ukraine should be here in a another week or so. Honestly don't know why I got it, since I'm in iron infested ghost towns 95% of the time. LOL maybe i'll send it your way and you can evaluate it for us. Works on Red and R2. Here is a few pics of what the the coil will look like.

Gregg that should be a great coil. I'd be happy to put it through it's paces, bet it would be a great beach coil too :thumbup:

Gregg I have a perfect site to test the coil at, it's an old 1700's Spanish outpost site. I tested the 15.5" coil there and got one Phoenix cuff button, an Indian fertility pendant, and a nice flat button.

BTW ask Monte to check his email....sent him a suggestion for the fall ghost town hunt :thumbup:

Gregg,
Do you have a weight for the Tiger Coil?

No I don't have a weight, but when I get the coil I'll take down to the post office and weigh it.

I am heading to the beach for a few days later in July. I opted for the NEL Tornado coil. It's in the mail so I have no idea on the balance or if the coil will mount easily. I got it for the coverage, but it is supposed to also have sensitivity to smaller targets like ladies rings. I have a modded Excal, but for dry sand hunting and the occasional dropping off into wet sand I have been searching for a new weapon. I was hoping to have the wireless headphones, but I have no idea when they are shipping.

Amberjack can ya convert that to english......550grams = how many US oz or LBS

he stated the weight for the F19 was 550 grams, but I just checked a website that lists that coil at 14.25 oz.

:confused:

Monte

LOL ya I googled it. I was just trying to get Amberjack to use normal weights and measures :smoke: