Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CORS Strike field test-T2 Classic

Fish N Chips

Took the big coil to the park today for a test. I lasted for 4 hours, until the heat got to be too much. The area I was hoping to try is a big open area, void of most trash and targets are deep. I dug a few wheat pennies to about elbow deep. The coil really goes deep but I realized the dry soil and sun were too much for me to be chasing the deep signals. The 10+" penny gave a good signal but the TID did bounce from 74 to 82. The shallower 6-8" coins were good signals.

I headed over under the trees for shade and greener grass/softer soil. I got a nice 78 signal 7" down and dug a lead round ball/musket ball. About .50 caliber and my second from this park. I headed into some trash but the coil did OK. I got a few more clad coins and wheat cents to about 6". I chased a few iffy signals that indicated they were deep, but they turned out to be tiny pieces of can slaw. The coil would not be my first choice in trash but it did OK. I could have switched coils but wanted to see how it would do. Depth reading were not very reliable in the trash, it was hard to judge the coin depth with iron and foil around. I chased a few "deep" coins only to find the coin at 3-4", and iron under it giving the depth readout. Still I can't complain grabbing a coin over iron.

Overall I am happy. It is deep and much more stable than my stock coil. EMI acted up from a few wireless routers in the area, it was a bit better than the stock coil but not much. I tried to stay in areas of the park where it was not a factor. It covers some ground but I overlapped enough in the trash it was not really a benefit. On the beach or open fields you could cover some ground though. It did get a bit heavy after 4 hours, but the heat had me pretty run down as well. It was over 100 degrees when I left and I was done.

I want to really chase some deep coins but realistically need some rain first. My machine runs a lot deeper and more stable with a bit of moisture in the dirt. That and I can actually dig a decent hole!

I figured it would be well suited for fields and the beach. Thanks for giving us your thoughts and results.

A good review on the NEL Coil with the T2,any coil of that size or larger is mainly aimed at open clearer land than parks or tots lots,but you use it on say ploughed and rolled or pasture land that has little or no trash then that coil becomes alive and will give some very good depth,of course with any larger than stock size coils it will have good and bad points,the main advantage is of course depth but then the down side is the possibility of multiple good/bad targets under the coil at the same time and then the 'nullling' will kick in.

I am out on a are opportunity next sunday on deep pasture permission that has both roman occupation and a 1500 battle site as well,but the targets will be deeper than normal,so hence the need for a slightly bigger coil,i use on sites like that the NEL Storm coil,it is heavier but i really like using the coil as its rare that a larger coil is not only deeper but you can loose sensitivity on smaller items,the Storm bucks the trend on this one and is still pretty good on smaller single coins size items.

Once again love reading your reviews,make good reading and indepth analysis.