Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cort

I was asking this same question here a few weeks back (mainly wanting more depth), I ended up emailing Tesoro and asked them. Here is their full response:

Hi David,
You may get a little more depth with the larger coil, but your detector would most likely need to be tuned to that coil. If your detector is out of tune, you will not get the maximum depth. You can send it to us for a retune, no charge except return shipping....that may help more than a new coil.
You can use any of the "Standard" coils on our website for the Cortes, the first group listed.

If the soil is highly mineralized, a widescan may be the better choice for depth, instead of a concentric. Running the Disc low will help, as well as hunting in all metal, then checking targets in the disc mode. You may already know this.

As for max depth, the Tejon and Vaquero are best. The Tejon is very sensitive in a high mineral environment....most people opt for the Vaquero when the ground is very 'hot'. These use different coils than the Cortes, fyi. You can see field test on these in the MDI on our site.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Casey Stern
Tesoro.com

hello, I too would like to buy the 12x10 SEF, it seems very interesting, where can I buy it? I put the link? thank you very much

I can't spreke or read spanish, but even I can see that the SEF coil is only made for Minelab, White's and Fisher........nowhere is there mentioned a SEF coil for Tesoro.

Click in the link: "Estos platos son compatibles con muchas otras marcas y detectores de metales." (compatible with other manufacturer)

Hello, I received the plate for my Tejon, 12x10 SEF, I have a question, when adjusting the tool I put in all metal and adjust the threshold, with the threshold sef not hear the instrument remains silent in the air as I to regulate the land?