Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cort

I had one for about 4 years and liked it, goes deep. Sold it and bought a machine with tones. Would have kept the Cortes if it had tones, didn't like pressing the SUM switch to get tones. With my tone machine I don't need to sweep again while holding the SUM switch. Otherwise I thought it was a great detector.

I bought one from Mike Hillis this fall. Have used it some, but the changing season has kept me from getting out with it as much as I would like. So far though, I like it pretty well although I'll agree with those that would like to see the display a bit larger. I've been thinking of finding one of those flat magnifying strips for reading several lines at a time in a book or newspaper and cutting it to size and fastening it over the display or marking the nickle, zinc penny, and silver lines with different color felt markers to make them more obvious. All in all though I've been satisfied with the performance to this point.
BB

Bill, here is what I did to my Cortes to make it easier on the eyes. Was done using Microsoft Excel. Gotta get the row heights just right and type in the titles. Sprayed it with laquer and used double stick tape to hold it in place.

I bought the Cortes in early 2011 and have found enough money and rings to easily pay for it. I have used it so much I have a pretty good ideal of what I am digging before I start. I would give this machine and excellent rating on depth and discrimination.

I have had mine for several years, along with 4 other detectors of different brands.
If i could only have one of my 5 detectors i would keep the Cortes. It is a very good detector, very accurate and it goes deep enough for me.
The only flaw is the tiny screen.( don't understand why they did it )

As I mentioned above, for the most part I'm happy with my Cortes. The depth is good and the ID accuracy compares to that I've seen on other machines. If I could, the only changes I'd make to it would be a larger display and re-design the circuitry so that the ground balance works in both the all metal and discrimination modes like it does on on my Eldorado

jabbo said:
Bill, here is what I did to my Cortes to make it easier on the eyes. Was done using Microsoft Excel. Gotta get the row heights just right and type in the titles. Sprayed it with laquer and used double stick tape to hold it in place.

Now that's using your noggin. Necessity is the mother of invention.

tabman

I bought a used one last fall, so don't have a lot of time on it yet. Ground is froze here. So far I love it. The only thing I would ask for would be GB in disc mode, not just all metal. My 39 year old eyes can see the display just fine.

I bought a new one not long ago but have not used it a lot, It is set up and performs similarly to the DeLeon,

Has a few more features like manual ground balance in all metal mode, backlit display for low light conditions, notch discrimination.

The TID is smaller so a bit harder to read.

It performs well but I do not think it is quite as deep as the Cibola/Vaquero etc.