Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cortes - Are these Two Different Housings?

Bleaver

I just saw these two detectors on eBay. The control housings look very different is shape. Were there two control housings for the current model or is it a matter of angle of the shots?

I'd say the angle of the shots.
BB

n/t

Agree with Bill---there has been no change in the housing or faceplate on the Cortes that I'm aware of.------Not what you asked about but the one on the right looks to be in terrible condition compared to the one on the left (especially when you enlarge the picture).

I never even held one before but there no way thats just a camera angle..

First glance, I'd say the housing is different. However, as unlikely as it seems, the camera angle, focal point could account for the different appearance (the housing angles seem opposite from each other, housing screw size, etc). The picture on the left is being taken with the housing above the lense and the picture on the right the housing is beneath the camera lense. If you look at the reflection on he face, the position of the housing face(s) are vastly different with the housing on the left tilted top-back substantially.

I see no differences other than camera angle, but at full image the one on the right looks like it was found and dug up by the one on the left.:rofl: