Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cortes Display Reading

A

Anonymous

Just got a Cortes last week. According to the manuel, when the machine is first turned on the display should read "discriminate". When I turn mine on, in the discriminate mode, the display reads "lift coil" until I lower the coil to the ground. Reads the same whether the coil is already touching the ground or if I an holding up in the air. If touching the ground, I have to raise the coil and then lower it to get the message to go away. Then it always reads "iron or foil".
Anyone have any thoughts about why this is happening? Just tried to call Tesoro but got a message that said they were closed.
Thanks in advance.
Don

That is a normal reading. I get the lift coil message sometimes, usually starts with Iron message. That is because there might be something nearby your detector is picking up. It won't read Discriminate unless you haven't swept over anything after a period of time ( not sure of the time factor ) You need to spend some time and learn your machine and read the book several times. I have had a lot of fun with mine and made some really nice finds.
HH
Rick

This only happens when I first turn it on and it does not matter if the coil is up in the air or on the ground. According to the manual, under the Check Display Readings section, when the machine is turned on the display should show "discriminate" as part of the start up. The manual states that at this point, when the machine is first turned on, the only items in the display should be the battery check and the word "discriminate". Instead, mine never shows discriminate, it always starts with "lift coil".

Hey Don, have you tried other locations?
I have a DeLeon and sometimes it will not start properly due to magnetic electrical interference.

Yes, I have tried it in 5 different locations. I have found 148 coins in the last two days with the Cortes. Just seems strange that the display does not read correctly when turning the machine on.
Don

My Cortes also did that and it displayed the "iron" Id on the screen all the time while sweeping over the ground. I always figured it was because of the iron mineralization in the ground.. It still worked just fine and ID'd all targets it went over, it just went back to displaying the iron Id when you were sweeping between target signals.. I got used to it and just ignored it...If you don't have mineralized dirt then I guess your's has a different reason ?.........