Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CORTES OR DELEON

tailofdog

Thinking of going to Tesoro after Christmass. The two models i am interested in are the Deleon and, Cortes. I like the TID numbers.
I have heard complaints about the CORTES screen being too small. I am 63 if that makes a difference to my eyes.
Any thoughts on the best of the two models?

Because i ware glasses and hearing aids,i chose the deleon. Wont look for another machine, this is it, My deleon has paid for its self in 8 months. I am a beep and dig guy, if it beeps solid over any target i dig it .I can tell nickles from junk,it takes practice, practice, and more practice, if you dig everything, watch the bar graph and numbers, she will do her best to tell you what is there, just my feelings and my two cents, good luck on your choise otie

The DeLeon has amazed me every time I use it with cool finds or the depth it will pick up items you can't go wrong.

I have used both and like both. The display on the Cortes is definitely on the small side, but it does have the advantage of the manual ground balance in all metal, the sum mode setting, and backlit display for dim light situations. Most of the ground I coin shoot on is fairly mild and the DeLeon works very well there. I've made good finds with both, but if the large display is needed, the DeLeon has the ege.
BB

i've used both as well and really liked both as well just like barber bill says and the deleon is just as deep as the cortes, the deleon is a conquistador with a screen display that seems like to me but either one is great!:clapping:

I have had a Cortes since they first came out, and have no plan on switching. I like to use it on soccer fields and parks with the cleansweep coil. I have not tried the Deleon or know anybody that has one.

Have not used either, but go to the Tesoro web site, click on Detectors then click on Deleon and here is a little of what you will find:

"It uses the same circuitry as the Cort

Just curious as to how is the balance with the cleansweep? I guess i am wondering if it's tough on the shoulder?
Thanks

I just did a hunt on a local playing field over the weekend to see what I thought of that combination. I have one I bought used and hadn't used it other than to test it to see that it worked, so I decided it was time to give it a go. With the coil mounted with the slightly longer half to the rear it balanced pretty well. It is a bit heavy, but not impossibly so. I understand the newer models are lighter than the older ones which is what I have. I was able to swing with it lightly riding on the grass which was a help. The coil performed well and with a bit of practice I found I could pinpoint fairly well with it. Depth was a bit better than I anticipated, more than good enough for the average coin recovery in that location, and the extra coverage is great for the larger, open spaces. I've retrieved many coins from this same field over the past several years, but the clean sweep picked up a handful I'd missed. All were 4 inches or so deep so they weren't fresh drops. For detecting large open areas this coil does the job it is designed for and IMHO is worth having in the arsenal.
BB