Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cortes setup, And using All Metal

Old California

I'm finding more of the Cortes strengths each trip out, always been an all metal user for most types of hunts when conditions allow. Cortes has a very good working all metal threshold feature, With target ID to boot.

Another neat feature, Toggle to quickly switch from all metal to disc mode I like that! Sensitivitly, Extremely sensitive in all metal. Great mode for those who hunt for gold jewelry or for serious relic hunters all metal is fantastic.

Hopefully get out again soon, to give you an idea how sensitive the Cortes is in all metal, check out the small metal bead on top of a nickel. All metal gets serious depth and good sensitivity picks up tiny find's like this bead.

Changed the Cortes setup, a little different and retains Tesoros light balanced feel.

HH, Paul

Thanks El,

I like the all metal mode, disc mode is good too can channel between the two quickly with toggle.

Was trying different coils, and found one using the same kHz but it's ID separates copper penny/dime signals from quarter's. Before, Copper/dime ID at 95 same as quarters, but now with this 8" coil copper penny/dime ID at 87 and quarters remain 95.

I like this, instead of monitoring the small ID bar graph it's easier to monitor the ID number. This 8" coil separates high conductive, and ground balance's in all metal. Gets good depth too, both disc and all metal.

For gold jewelry hunting, all metal is the better mode. More depth, more sensitivity and doesn't have that surface detection issue discrimination mode has.

I'll show you, also have Deleon arriving this week. May add an all metal GB to the Deleon, since this mode works well for my type of hunting.

See you soon El,
Paul

Have you tried a cleansweep coil on the Cortes. Looking for a setup for sports fields

Hello Cladcanada,

No haven't tried a cleansweep on the Cortes, Or on other Tesoro models.

Have tried the Cors 9.5" x 5.5" DD on the Cortes, I know it's not a cleansweep but it sure covers a lot of ground due to the DD coverage. From toe to heel, covers a large foot print with each sweep.

I'ved parked the Cortes, and recently picked up a Deleon. Deciding what to do with them, keep or sell I'm not too happy with discrimination performance with the two think our West Coast soil is a little too harsh on them. All metal is great, discrimination mode just isn't what I expected but that can be due to our soil.

Take care,
Paul

I have a cleansweep on my silver now. our clad is plated steel a vdi would help . having a ground balance in all metal would be a bounus

Hello Cladcanada,

Thank you for sharing the advanages of a cleansweep and both visual ID with Manual GB, I agree these are a plus for certain types of hunting.

I need to spend more time with both, really like the all metal with both Deleon and Cortes, but surprising I'm swaying to the Cortes visual ID is locking on better for my terrian.

I'll take both out this weekend, hopefully results are more favorable with the next outing.

Thank you,
Paul

Hey Paul!!!!

I am really surprised about the Cortez and your soil. I always thought your soil was milder than Georgia soil. my machines.. the MXT I got from you and the AT PRO show mineralization in the 80"S . we have always used Tesoros here although somewhat noisy . spits over the iron stuff. still they have gotten the job done. I am enjoying a Eldorado umax I got from Sandman with the 9x8. and really warming up to the AT PRO. I was thinking about letting the MXT go with the coils--950 5.3 4x6 shooter ( that's my favorite) . I don't want a lot, just like marks moniker.. beware of the man with only one detector, for surely he knows how to use it lol.. the Cortez peaks my interest... I also have a Mojave now still in the box to replace the aging sabre for a cheaper travel unit . the Mojave coils are really good in trash.

we don't hunt all metal much in town.. too much urban trash. the AT PRO is separating good with the 5x8 coil and PROPER SWING SPEED, always my downfall. our soil is rough...

have always been curious on the Cortez. have always been and always will be a Tesoro fan.

Sorry for the slow reply dixiedigger,

I'm still enjoying my non metered Tesoro's, The Cortes and Deleon are different the ID is a plus for certain conditions but separation in most conditions non metered Tesoro tend to fare better in my ground.

But for general use, Schools, parks, sport fields both Cortes and Deleon are great. I may send you the Cortes to try out, it's back to stock setup.

Thanks Carey, I'll keep in touch.
HH, Paul