Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Could Anyone Help Me Identify This Coil ???

thepest

I A quired This 11 1/2 Coil... And Can't Identify It..... I'd Love To Know Which Bird This Belongs To.... Any Help Would Be Awesome....

It's obviously a double D widescan, isn't it!!

How many pins on your connector?

Hope someone comes along with an ID for you...

rmptr

@------------------->R M P T R It's a 5 Pin Female with a thumb screw..... The Pattern In the End Of The Plug .... is like a 5 on a dice.... The botton two dots are closer in On The Center Than The Top Two....

that is a "rare" bird!..must belong to the "cardinal" family!

(h.h!)
j.t.

It has the same type design as the widescan coils used on the 100 khz TR Compass detectors from the 1970's. Photo is of the 6 1/2 inch coil on a Compass CoinHustler I have from that era, your coil looks very similar.
[attachment 90660 compasscoil.jpg]

I almost bid on this one on Ebay thinking it might be a vintage Compass coil. It does not fit style wise with any of the major metal detectors made in America. I have vintage machines from all the big boys and several others too. I went over more than 20 different manufacturers and can not find a coil like this one. Maybe it is a Euro or Aussie bird. Here's to "diggin it"! Larry
Metal Detecting And Coin Collecting Free Report

it does look an awful lot like JB's coil....... my fond wish is to purchase the detector it goes with..... but with my luck it'll turn out to be a bounty hunter coil.....:rofl:

FOUND IT!!!! .... hehehehe...... it tunred out to be a " hot head " brand coil for the older WHITES G.E.B. line of detectors.... i have it hooked to a Coin Master 5000/D G.E.B. and it's a sharp lil coin shooter.... :clapping: