Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Could be once in a lifetime hunt!:detecting::detecting:

Larry (IL) said:
At least you are still finding some silver....:thumbup:

Thanks! yes, that is good but after youve found as much as I did on this hunt...you naturally looking for another cache. Some or all of the silver was buried there for years so I guess it can wait a few weeks/months more for us to find it. Lets hope!

Perfect! Very interesting story.

Thank you! We are headed back in the next few days.

We also made Western Eastern Treasure Magazine Best Finds of 2012 And Silver & Gold magazine 2013.

Maybe we will find somemore....it would be nice!

homestead hunter said:
I'd almost give anything for a find like that!! congrats:usaflag:[/quote
Thanks! Keep hunting and who knows what you will find!

Never.in a million years did I think we have have good luck like that!

We have been delayed in heading to our spot but weather is nice now so we will be hunting there again in the next day or so. I will post our finds.

I would love to find a spot like that and the luck to find the items.

A very rare opportunity to find a hoard. I would still scour that area as best you can to see if there are any loose coins/silver/bar still around there!! Congratulations!!!

There was a hit in Ohio about a year or so ago( possibly more?)...A metal storage box , silver, yellow filling .. A trash filled room in an abandoned house.. When the lucky stiff went back a few days later, the house had been burned.., and the property run over with a bull dozer ...Apparently the items were put away by a coin collector who passed away...Things like this do happen. The reason I know about it, was that I had an add out wanting to buy silver coins. .The guy came over, a couple of questions, and I figured he was legit.. Bought a $5.00 gold piece , but couldn't touch any of the larger coins... I had a photograph, but deleted it long ago.. It would be interesting to find out what the value topped out at..

James, how sweet is that!!! And that is the reason that we are all addicted the way we are! Congrats, buddy!!!!

May you find a ton more there!!!!!

HH
Jake

stilpony said:
James, how sweet is that!!! And that is the reason that we are all addicted the way we are! Congrats, buddy!!!!

May you find a ton more there!!!!!

HH
Jake

Thanks so much! I sometimes dream of finding other treasure....the last dream was finding a box full of gold coins....lets hope it comes true. We are headed to our lucky spot again as soon as my hunting partner can get free.

Thanks again!

OMGosh...just read this story....AMAZING!!! Who wouldn't have wanted to stay? LOL. I always keep my headlight in case something like this happens to me!! Thanks for sharing this post ... how fun that had to have been...WHAT A RUSH!! Major congratulations. I belong to a metal detecting group and we have some extremely talented members who have been doing it for 20-30 years....and some of them have never found a silver dollar and they have some spectacular finds!!

This is just a fantastic post. I am realizing now just because a place is old doesn't mean you will find something and just because a place doesn't look that good or old doesn't mean it's a dud. You just gotta go for it ... if you get skunked...oh well...on to the next adventure!!!

Wonderful story!!!!!

:clapping:

bethisa2j said:
OMGosh...just read this story....AMAZING!!! Who wouldn't have wanted to stay? LOL. I always keep my headlight in case something like this happens to me!! Thanks for sharing this post ... how fun that had to have been...WHAT A RUSH!! Major congratulations. I belong to a metal detecting group and we have some extremely talented members who have been doing it for 20-30 years....and some of them have never found a silver dollar and they have some spectacular finds!!

This is just a fantastic post. I am realizing now just because a place is old doesn't mean you will find something and just because a place doesn't look that good or old doesn't mean it's a dud. You just gotta go for it ... if you get skunked...oh well...on to the next adventure!!!

Wonderful story!!!!!

:clapping:

Thanks Beth & Phil B.......It was(is)an experience that I will never forget. My first silver dollar!....followed by others.....very much a thrill!

Thanks all for your interest & emails in regards to the next hunt. I am sorry for the delay in getting back to this site. My hunting partner has family and work to deal with(his busy season) so he hasnt been available to hunt. We made a deal not to take anyone else to this site so I am honoring our agreement. Hopefully, he will be free sometime soon and we can really hunt it well!

No one wants to go there sooner than me.... I will keep you posted.

Well....we have been back several more times....with not very much to show for it. This day was much better for a change and it was nice to see silver instead of clad or junk. Four rings and 3 silver coins....not a hoard but not bad either. This site has been delayed for development due to environmental concerns. We are trying to get a bobcat on this site soon! Hopefully, it will be worth it!

OH my! Great story, pictures and finds!!!! I think I got silver poisoning from the pictures!!!! Congratulations!

khouse said:
OH my! Great story, pictures and finds!!!! I think I got silver poisoning from the pictures!!!! Congratulations!

Thanks Kenny! I hope you will survive the "poisoning".:happy:

I decided to go again to this site as the weather was nice for a change. NO cache today but a couple of interesting pieces. The eagle is about the size of 2 quarters. The 58 plate I think is what they used with license plates before they had stickers.