Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Could i please get some opinions

don in mass

Hello well i broke down an ordered the xp today with a pair WS5 and a couple small accessories {clip,2 chargers,cam lok} plan on getting the big coil to. I have not used a xp before, been a minelab man for years so my first ? is seeing i won't be able to detec for at least 6 to 8 weeks because of the 30 inches of snow from the weekend. should i start with the 2.0 or should i bypass wait for the 3.0 seeing i have not used it before.
My second ? .i plan on runnig 2 set ups one with controler and coil and one headphone and coil how would you do it which combo matches up better if there is one .thanks for any input don

I would run it when you get it.
I can't see where it will make it more difficult moving from 2.0 to 3.0.
2.0 will give you the basic knowledge and 3.0 will make it better.
As far as combos go... there are times that the controler and coil works and times that headphones and coil work.
Sometimes I run them both with no speaker on the controler.
All new machines have a learning curve, the sooner you get started the better...

HH

I would break that puppy out as soon as I saw dirt. From what I can tell, version 3 is a program change not a procedure change. Going to have to learn it, might as well start now. I have to ask, why would you would prefer to run without earphones? Program in the 2nd coil and be done with it. Can't take 30 seconds to change to another coil and another 30 to select it from the menu. Not knocking you, just curious.

The way it is shaping up you better use version 2 or you might never use it at all. You can only swing one detector at a time. Use everything you got and have fun.

NYNURSE said:
I would break that puppy out as soon as I saw dirt. From what I can tell, version 3 is a program change not a procedure change. Going to have to learn it, might as well start now. I have to ask, why would you would prefer to run without earphones? Program in the 2nd coil and be done with it. Can't take 30 seconds to change to another coil and another 30 to select it from the menu. Not knocking you, just curious.

I totally agree with NYNURSE, the secret to success with the Deus is to learn the sounds of the tones. Without headphones it will be difficult and not using the control unit for vid info is something that I can't live without. Hope this helps. :thumbup: