Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Could it be? A 3 Ringer in Southern California

Explorer.se

I don’t know what i have but I think it might be a three ringer in my possession. My fellow treasure hunters out there please let me know this is what i think it is. It was discovered at an old park in Los Angeles and it was down about 9-10”. This put a smile on my face to say the least. I haven’t found an Indian Head Cent yet but this could be better than that. Enjoy guys. It is heavy guys! Oh I found it using my Explorer Pro with the stock coil.

HH!

Looks right to me. Nice one

That's exactly what it is :thumbup:

Yes that’s what you found! I’ve actually found many of these in Cali. Congrats on your first 3 ringer!
Ray

doc holiday232 said:
Muzzle loaders were common in Kalifornia.

Oh really Doc! I did not know that my question would be what would it had been fired from and what regiment or outfit would it had come from? I’m stumped but I will look at the history books. Thanks Doc.

Ray(Ca) said:
Yes that’s what you found! I’ve actually found many of these in Cali. Congrats on your first 3 ringer!
Ray

Wow Ray you’ve found many that’s awesome do you know the history behind them here in california?

I would think that during that time frame all weapons civilian and military would have used the same type of bullets. The gold rush actually pre-dates the civil war.

chuck said:
I would think that during that time frame all weapons civilian and military would have used the same type of bullets. The gold rush actually pre-dates the civil war.

Oh wow Chuck yes that makes sense so happy to have it!