Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Could not pick up a Nickel

After-1-

I went to a town park today that had a car cruise yesterday, I did not get there till 11:30 and it was hot for me , lots of big old oaks makes most of the area shade, After swinging for awhile and not picking up any good signals ( I was thinking fresh drops) . So I check my machine by throwing a silver dime down and a Nickel, hit the dime like normal but would not pick up the nickel, I was trying all kinds of settings and nothing -O disc - -----0--90 thres---O--60 sens ----all the tones ------0--30 notch------ and all I would get is a faint grunt and not all the time. I had the Sharpshooter coil on, and yesterday at a new permission, same coil dug a wheat about 4'' down , dirt is so dry its like powder. Back to my F70 not hitting a nickel, standing there swinging and thinking this is crazy and what could cause this not to pick up a nickel on the surface. I turned off the machine and did the factory presets and everything was find. That was the first time any thing like that has happen ----Any ideas what could cause this??? ---- I found 1 penny on the street getting out of my car and not even a pull tab in the park in the 1hr that I was there. ------------after1--------

Never had this happen on my F70, or at least I hope it never has.
Sounds weird.
Bring nickels with you on every hunt...a drag I know but what else can you do?
Call Fisher and ask about this, maybe someone can come on here and explain this.

You didn't happen to use the notch system before this happened, did you?

You said after factory reset everything was fine, so about the only thing that could cause that is some kind of notch got set.

Ron in WV

One thing I did not try was Program 2, and setting my notch is mostly around 20-27, very seldom do I set the notch that I can not pick up a nickel. I started out with the same program that I hunted with on Saturday. I did not check to see if I could pick up a Nickel on Saturday, I carry a Silver Dime and a Nickel , my 1 pair of work boots (not steel toe) I have a Silver Dime in the Right and a Nickel in the Left. Most likely what you said WV62, on Saturday when pressing buttons,and not having my glasses on, I'll have to check the machine today -------------later-----------------after1

After-1- said:
One thing I did not try was Program 2, and setting my notch is mostly around 20-27, very seldom do I set the notch that I can not pick up a nickel. I started out with the same program that I hunted with on Saturday. I did not check to see if I could pick up a Nickel on Saturday, I carry a Silver Dime and a Nickel , my 1 pair of work boots (not steel toe) I have a Silver Dime in the Right and a Nickel in the Left. Most likely what you said WV62, on Saturday when pressing buttons,and not having my glasses on, I'll have to check the machine today -------------later-----------------after1

Always remember that in low disc if you set a notch in any higher section using any number the entire section will be notched out.
A 20-27 notch will in reality get rid of everything in the entire foil range from 16 on up.
If you somehow bumped the notch up to 28 well...there goes all the nickel signals.

The one thing that the F75 does that I wish mine did was it has the ability to notch out only half of any given range, not all of it like the F70 does.
In some parks with a high amount of specific numbered tabs this would come in handy to avoid them but still have a shot at at least some gold in the tab area.
If wishes were horses we would all be riding ponies and since I can't have my wish I just learned to deal with it.

I suspect as well it was a notch set up that got o k on your factory reset. I had that happen some years ago on one of my F 75's and have never used notch since. Glad you got it figured out. HH jim tn

Your lace eyelets should not be metal. No steel toes(You don't have) and don't forget about the steel shank you have in your boots for your arch. NO Metal in your shoes or boots especially if you put coins in your boots or shoes. Hope this helps you guys. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

My original F75-LTD would sometimes loose it's mind and not pick up targets or just chatter. A factory rest brought it back to being a beast at finding targets. I never set a notch on it. Since it was upgraded with the enhanced upgrade, that adds DST, it has been fine. I suspect it became a new machine at the upgrade. Don't know much about the F70's history, but a factory reset sounds like it was the right thing for you to do.

I check the F70 today,turned it on,did not GB and ran the Sharpshooter coil over my Right boot 72-78 and that sweet tone of "dig here" ran the coil over the Left boot 31-32 and the sweet tone "dig here and I'm not a pull tab" And the eyelets,which are brass never give me a reading, because I only run the back 1''-3'' of the coils that I use.---------------Tinfoil, I never thought of the brass eyelets , I must of done something on Saturday to the notch or disc!!!!! -----------------------after1--------------And Thx----------------------

I had just check F70,turned it on,did not GB and ran the Sharpshooter coil over my Right boot 72-78 and that sweet tone of "dig here" ran the coil over the Left boot 31-32 and the sweet tone "dig here and I'm not a pull tab" And the eyelets,which are brass never give me a reading, be cause I only run the back 1''-3'' of the coils that I [pre]
[pre]
use.​
[/pre]

[/pre]