Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Could somone do me a test with your tesoro please

woodbutcher

Could somone who has a 5 pin or even a 4 pin machine unplug they're coil and turn the machine on and let me know if it's quite or erratic? I'm trying g to figure out if I have a bad coil or a bad machine..mines erratic with the coil plugged in and with it not..I thought tesoro were silent when turned on with no coil plugged In , that's why I'm asking

Could somone who has a 5 pin or even a 4 pin machine unplug they're coil and turn the machine on and let me know if it's quite or erratic? I'm trying g to figure out if I have a bad coil or a bad machine..mines erratic with the coil plugged in and with it not..I thought tesoro were silent when turned on with no coil plugged In , that's why I'm asking
It's always been my Understanding that you should NEVER turn any Detector on without coil plugged in. I've heard that some machines will short out. As far as Tesoro units, I couldn't tell ya. Me, I've made it a practice to NEVER turn on my machines without the "COIL CONNECTED"... MERY CHRISTMAS!!!
silverseeker 2
Surely a guy like you knows someone with a Tesoro. Test your coil that way and you may be able to Rectify your problem....

I have a Compadre that is modified to accept different coils. When the coil is disconnected, it doesn't make a peep when turned on. Same thing on my Conquistador and original Bandido 2, you would not even know you turned them on with the coil disconnected, they are completely silent and went back to working when plugged back in. I have other models too. What model do you have?

Bandido II umax - 5 pin epsilon - plugged in= "battery check, quiet til target" -
unplugged= "dead as a door nail"
Silver Sabre umax - 5 pin epsilon - plugged in= "battery check, quiet til target" -
unplugged= "dead as a door nail"
Vaquero (purper label) - 4 pin Delta - plugged in= "battery check, quiet til target" -
unplugged= "Loud Threshold, if gently rub dry fingertip over terminal connector pins, no response "
Lobo Super Traq - 4 pin Delta - plugged in= "battery check, quiet til target" -
unplugged= "Loud Threshold, if gently rub dry fingertip over terminal connector pins, audio will change to up and down ground balance sound"

Does it appear to have been opened / tinkered with? Any evidence of screw driver marks on the screw heads?
Have you compared your internal settings with schematics for your Golden Umax?
Have you spoken / reached out to the previous owner? Maybe they were monkeying around with it. 😬
I hope you resolve the issue you are having.

Does it appear to have been opened / tinkered with? Any evidence of screw driver marks on the screw heads?
Have you compared your internal settings with schematics for your Golden Umax?
Have you spoken / reached out to the previous owner? Maybe they were monkeying around with it. 😬
I hope you resolve the issue you are having.
Nothing seems to be tampered with or even opened up, no signs…. Thing is like new, I mean really new.. previous owner said it’s never been left outside, been indoors and sitting in a bag for a few years in the walk in closet. I just noticed two small cracks in the coil bottom, it’s possible moisture got in there and did a number on it? Here are the cracks if you look at the pictures..I bought a new white 8x9 white coil from east Texas detectors and it’ll be shipped tuesday..

Attachments

• IMG_2934.jpeg
    IMG_2934.jpeg
    999.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2935.jpeg
    IMG_2935.jpeg
    843.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2939.jpeg
    IMG_2939.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 49
Wow that is a super clean machine! I never seen a coil with crack marks like yours.
Very well could be the source of the issue. Keep us posted!

I would guess... You're almost gonna have to try a different coil... I would be sure to pull the battery... and leave the ON switch ON for a day... If that lil IC chip on the board is boffed... It might be a parts piece unfortunately...

I found these two posts from the same thread on treasure net from 2019, sounds like the same problem I’m having,the Golden Umax is beeping fast in disc like bad emi and solid continuous tone in all metal wether the coil is connected or not. In All metal when I plug the coil in and out while it’s on I can hear a difference in the all metal tone, it drops somewhat softer when I plug the coil..I just wanted to post these findings from him in case anyone runs across this thread later on down the line having problems..

Attachments

• IMG_2943.jpeg
    IMG_2943.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2944.jpeg
    IMG_2944.jpeg
    755.7 KB · Views: 33
I would guess... You're almost gonna have to try a different coil... I would be sure to pull the battery... and leave the ON switch ON for a day... If that lil IC chip on the board is boffed... It might be a parts piece unfortunately...
Why leave the on switch on for a day?

Why leave the on switch on for a day?
Leaving the on switch on is just to allow any resident charge from the battery to run out... A day Is beyond excessive... But If it were mine... I'd probably let it set like that for a week... before I put a fresh battery and a different coil on it... just to give it every chance to straighten out with a good coil... It already doesn't work... you got nuthin to loose...