Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couldn't Believe It But Confirmed With A Dealer Friend This Morning...Yep, It's True! NEW Sovereign Model Coming Out This Spring! Some New Features &

Critterhunter

I saw the memo sent out to dealers and they are supposed to keep this under wraps but since I'm not a dealer I haven't signed any such contract and will spill the beans!

They must have liked Garrett's At Pro concept and saw it's huge sales success because it's a water proof unit that is as comfortable on land as in the water and very light by the sound of it! This is the real deal!

Built in waterproof meter/control box are one unit somewhat like an Xterra control box but sleeker to glide through the water without drag issues.

Trigger pinpoint.

New digital controls displayed on screen such as edit/accept of any numbers you desire, adjustable iron mask down to zero iron rejection without needing to go to all metal or PP modes to hear it.

10 times faster processor.

Audio boost/limits adjustment, and a few other nice new digital adjustment features.

But don't worry, they said they didn't want to load it down with digital features because they know many detectorists just want the basics that they really need and use to max out performance at a site without getting bogged down with stuff. More on that below...

Waterproof coil and headphone plugs so you can swap them. And all prior Sovereign/Excalibur coils are still compatible with this machine, but you can't use them in the water unless you change the plug to the waterproof mate they use. Otherwise a regular coil plug will still plug in for land use.

Lithium Ion light weight pack, along with carbon shaft and a 12x10 coil licensed from Detech on it! Guess they got the word of how fantastic this coil is, eh? :biggrin:

This unit a scant 2.5lbs! Wow...

Here's what they said...

"With the advent of the new Sovereign L/W (Land/Water) design to replace both units, we have eliminated both the Excalibur and the GT, providing more features in a lighter design, all while lowering the cost.

We realize that BBS technology to this day still is a very advanced platform and has some unique advantages not found in other machines for both land hunting for old coins at worked out parks, and also for water and beach use for ring hunters.

Some of these unique aspects include extreme depth in certain forms of mineralization with very stable operation due to the low frequency bias in some respects of the BBS spectrum.

Other features Sovereign and Excalibur owners always loved was the robust detailed audio, which we are happy to say isn't being touched via heavy processing so it still offers certain advantages to people who prefer it, and of course still includes the numerous tone alerts of a Minelab.

We also realize Sovereign and Excal owners don't want to be bogged down by too many bothersome controls to get a machine to run all out when they'd rather be hunting, so we've added just the things our customers have been asking for such as expanded notch and iron rejection controls without over doing it."

It's also got something called a boost mode for extra depth by outputting more power to the coil when conditions allow such as low minerals or EMI noise!

Pinpoint mode is the same as it was so it still will punch deep in bad grounds like a PI, but they've added an onscreen "target" display for that along with target depth.

You can also assign custom labels to specific target ID numbers so no need to carry an ID chart and you can make labels for what your after! The ID scale is still 180 based, offering the super high conductive resolution in the foil to copper penny range we all love.

Suggested Retail Price? $999!

I suspect they saved a ton of R&D by not having to re-invent the wheel with BBS. That kind of thing costs a ton of money. All the meat was already on the bone, they just had to put some A1 stake sauce on it, so to speak. :biggrin: And no need to re-invent the wheel. BBS will hold it's own to this day with the cream of the crop units out there on the market so long as the right coil is used for the right site situations. And with the 12x10 on it they hit a home run on that one. Since it comes with a waterproof coil plug you can still throw a 7.25" Tornado on it or something for different situations. I'm glad they revived BBS. It has some unique aspects to it, such as it's extreme depth and stability in my particular soils and sands, and I love the audio.

I'm psyched about this new machine. It's what I've been waiting for. Was going to throw my GT into a waterproof Plano box when water hunting but by the sound of it no need now. And my GT ain't going no where. She stays for what my mood strikes me to use on any given day.
Really sorry, April Fools! :thumbdown: But one can dream, can't he? :biggrin:

And here's the same post the last two years or so on April Fools...

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1438977,page=1

So if you got fooled this time don't feel bad. Many did last time as well, and I just got took in the Main detecting forum on a pink Deus model. Hook line and sinker on that. Ain't had my coffee yet...:biggrin:

Didn't fall for it this year.

yep got me too!!:rofl:

Really sorry. :biggrin: Just to show that I got my bad Karma points in return on this one and walked right into it, yesterday I pulled a different April Fools joke on 3 friends. One of them was fairly angry too about it when he didn't realize yet it was a joke.

I worked until fairly late last night and was dead tired because I didn't get much sleep the night before, and on the way home one of them called me and told me something (a private matter in some respects so I can't relate it) and I fell for it like I walked right off a cliff. :biggrin:

Couldn't believe I walked right into it, after getting him earlier yesterday and here he's pulling a very similar stunt on me last night as I headed home. Just goes to show...

Critter you might not be all that far off.... some guy on the general metal detecting forum called Minelab asking...

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,1887010

Maybe in 2-3 months we will all find out what is going to be presented to us.

:cheers: