Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Count Your Many Blessings for we each have many given us by God daily!!

n/t

Wonderful gift our Lord has given you. At church today the Elder who was giving the sermon said how the bible was written in a lot of poetry and how that has become a lost art. I thought of you and the first of your poems that I read. Then I came home and read this one. Thank you so much for sharing with us, Sister Ma Betty! :angel:

Sis Digger, Yes, I thank God for the gift He has given me to praise, honor & glorify His Holy name, Jesus! Thank you for your kind words! Lots of poetry & written love letters from our dear Savior & Lord in the Bible! If you can copy & it is readable, please make yourself a copy & let it be read in church service, as I used to do that when I attended a Pentecostal church in S.E. MO & when I went to my previous church in ILL.

A long time ago, after the divorce, I belonged to a singles club & would enclose copies in with my letters & they have been read in churches all over the USA & in other lands! The copy right is for others not to steal & use them in their own printed books! But if they do it will be on their conscience & between themselves & God!! Sis Ma

We had a gentleman in church who wrote a lot of poems. He gave them all to me and I transferred them all to my computer and then printed them out on some fancy paper. I then put them in a binder and fancied it up as best I could and it was donated to the church library. I have read a few of his poems in church.

I tried my hand at it before, but it is not my gift. I am a "Martha" type. The first time my husband heard a sermon about Mary and Martha, he leaned over and told me that and I agreed. :laugh:

You know, Sis Digger, there are a lot of PPL who write poetry! One is an old gentleman who went to school before I did & is well known by the PPL there in Bunker, MO where we graduated from; and many of his are read at the reunions & have been published, I think! So God gives talents & gifts to His children to praise Him & spread the good news of Jesus! Sis Ma

Thanks Travis--You know I typed some of my poems on Windows Vista & can't get them to open on Windows 8.1 or 10 and now Vista is being discontinued for good but not able to get Vista anyway! I wish the Computers would quit changing but buying everything new keeps them rolling in money! :sad: