Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple interesting finds

coinspader

Went out in the old park with the Explorer yesterday and found some relics amongst the coins I found. I find a lot of old cuff links but they aren't usually as complete as this one and I have found a few scout buttons on my hunts over the years. I was using my Explorer SE with the Detech 5x7 DD attached

Attachments

• IMG_2914.jpg
    IMG_2914.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2915.jpg
    IMG_2915.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2916.jpg
    IMG_2916.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 76
Nice finds! Before it was a park, was there a dwelling on the property?

the park is over 100 years old and I have heard that there were farms there before, I don't know what went on there but you can't dig a plug in the whole park without pulling up 2 or 3 bent rusty nails. Small coil is a must to hunt there.
Interesting. How large is this park? That’s an enormous amount of nails. Are they square nails?

Interesting. How large is this park? That’s an enormous amount of nails. Are they square nails?
Some parts are older , there used to be a big round building on the hill , it is long gone but the ground where it stood is littered with square nails , there are nails of every sort in this park and it is a big park. It has a race track and grandstands and a lot of stables and barns and buildings in general. I have been hunting there for years and even though good targets are thinning out I still find old silver once in awhile, a lot of masking going on there for sure.

Some parts are older , there used to be a big round building on the hill , it is long gone but the ground where it stood is littered with square nails , there are nails of every sort in this park and it is a big park. It has a race track and grandstands and a lot of stables and barns and buildings in general. I have been hunting there for years and even though good targets are thinning out I still find old silver once in awhile, a lot of masking going on there for sure.
Sounds like you have a super hunting spot and an old one too! Good luck and I wish you more old silvers 🙂

Keep patience and keep swinging……

So many of those old wooden building burned to the ground, leaving nothing but nails behind. Try to locate the exact site of the building because it might have had a dirt floor.
This building was torn down in the 1950's, only evidence that it was ever there are old pics and the square nails that were left behind. I have searched the area where it was located and found coins but it is difficult to hunt there.

It could of burnt before that tear down.
The house I was detecting. Built in 1860.
Had a bad fire upstairs. Grandmother and grandaughter died in that fire.
It seemed like the fireman as they threw burning furniture out the window. Jewelry had melted on top or in the furniture. Many many nails.
I don't believe I was using my Explorer that night.
MXT kept calling it junk. But indicators were full.
Finally decided to dig one. Silver nasty looking glob. The gold I found was like a miss shapened flat coin puddle. Round on one side. Flat bubbly bottom.
Around old houses or buildings.
Pretty much dog everything.
Good Luck.