Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple of Deus finds before the cold snap

The cold weather and snow flurries moved into the Midwest on Monday morning--I was out hunting with my girlfriend and was able to nab another couple of silvers before the temps plummeted and winds pushed us out. I've had a string of luck finding silver lately, particularly with Barber coins, but it looks like the frozen ground will keep me inside for a while--this will be my first winter with the Deus so I have a question. Do those of you who've had to go long periods without using the Deus periodically discharge your components then recharge like the manual recommends, or do you put the batteries into 40-70% long term storage?

I'm being told to clarify that the dog in the photo is NOT my girlfriend :happy:
I befriended this all-white, with odd-looking eyes and deaf Great Dane on a previous hunt in the same area where these coins were found...I was quite taken with her and she followed me to the extent of her leash as I hunted near her. Since I enjoy being able to put a face with a profile, I thought I'd include mine. Anyhoo, here are what are likely my last finds for the season unless I do some long distance travelling to hunt:

Feeling the pain of Winter myself. I hope that this isn't it for outdoor activities in the Midwest. I will tough it out when I can dig. They say woods sites don't freeze as hard as the fields. I have been in fields that I couldn't dig. I have also chipped the ground out like blocks of ice. Good question about the Deus, I play inside some and get out anytime the weather gives me any chance. I have owned it two years and never have done anything special with the batteries. Not a bad idea though.

Don

Glad you got a few last digs in.Nice finds too.The cold moved in today...Im afraid I may be done for awhile myself...Darn snow. HH Jim T

Nice Puppy! and finds, silver always good.

Couple of things, your GF is gonna kick your butt for that joke! LOL

Next, your a ham!

LOL

Jim

So far I just keep fully charged last winter and I put on the charger about once a month to top off with a fresh charge and my batteries all are good in headset coil and controller... I do the same with my LIPOS in my RC model helicopters in the winter.