Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple of Tesoro questions

Neil

Does anyone know about what year Tesoro switched over from the metal face plate with the holes to the plastic louvered face plate. Also from the anodized gold colored rod to the painted rods?

Which coil would you guys/gals recommend for getting in around playground stuff at tot lots? Im thinking the 5.75" but want to hear what you all use.

Thank you,
Neil

Neil

My golden is in the Serial#169,000 range...louvered face plate with gold painted rods...old tones as well.
I have found that most people seem to like the 7" and 5".75 concentric coil.

cheers

Neil said:
Does anyone know about what year Tesoro switched over from the metal face plate with the holes to the plastic louvered face plate. Also from the anodized gold colored rod to the painted rods?

Which coil would you guys/gals recommend for getting in around playground stuff at tot lots? Im thinking the 5.75" but want to hear what you all use.

Thank you,
Neil

The 5.75 will work fine in tot lots etc. Surprising depth for its size. I prefer the concentric personally, but you'll find the widescan has a following as well.
BB

Whimpster said:
Neil

My golden is in the Serial#169,000 range...louvered face plate with gold painted rods...old tones as well.
I have found that most people seem to like the 7" and 5".75 concentric coil.

cheers

Neil said:

Thank you,
Neil

Ok thank you whimster. I just checked and tye one I have coming is 131, 000(forget the last 3 numbers) so I guess its an earlier model.

Neil said:

Thank you,
Neil

Not positive, but I believe it was around 2000-2001 on the faceplate, and I think, around 2003-2004 on the poles.

I don't know for which Tesoro you want the small coil, but the 5.75" is a good size and the little 4" will get you closer to playground equipment, but you lose depth and area coverage is very slow going.

Think the switch was made because it was cheaper to slap a foil grounding decal on the backside a piece of molded plastic than have a piece of aluminum stamped out, drilled, painted and then paint scrapped away from the backside so the pots can be grounded.

Welly bandido II micromax came with the shiney poles but not even can locks. My cutlass micromax came with the shiney poles with can locks. And my modern came with the modern painted gold with cam locks.
Couldn't really tell you when it changed but can confirm there were 2 models on the shiney ones. One with cam locks and one without.