Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple silvers and a diamond!!!

Mark kus

Well I’m sure the stone is not real who puts a real diamond in sterling but when I saw the stone sticking in my plug I was hoping!!
A couple mercury dimes 1920 1943 and a 46 Rosie found two buffalos one I lost no dates and about 12 wheats and a couple bucks in clad!
Get out and hunt schools are closed and no one is bothering me!
HH
Mark
63AA9E11-E8E8-49E6-BE24-E938A9C97B44.jpeg

Nice run there Mark!! I hate that lost, found, lost, scenario. Happened to me hunting in England one time I found a Military dog tag it was muddy as heck and just stuck it my bag, it wasn't there at clean up. Must have stuck to my hand and fell out.
HH Jeff

Thanks Jeff and Rob the compass was a surface find.

Nice finds!!
That ring is similar to one I found a while back.
That bullet looks old.... nice patina on the lead.
Looks like an old rimfire case.

Cool finds! I got out last week to an area where there used to be anold cable car station, no luck.

Well I’m sure the stone is not real who puts a real diamond in sterling but when I saw the stone sticking in my plug I was hoping!!
A couple mercury dimes 1920 1943 and a 46 Rosie found two buffalos one I lost no dates and about 12 wheats and a couple bucks in clad!
Get out and hunt schools are closed and no one is bothering me!
HH
MarkView attachment 2740
Ya know Minus it is great to see how you and your machine have fitted together so well. But, I give the hunter most of the credit who continues to (sense) where to go and prospect for these finds. I like that ring. And "Keep knocking on that door"
Dancer

0B967AB1-5E51-4B55-938C-C1078C8F9905.jpeg
C41F46AB-9D66-49C6-8B75-42178B4D1E33.jpeg
Here’s a closeup of the round it is a rim fire so it probably is a older round no marking on it any ideas?

Comparing the size of the round to the size of the dimes I believe it is a 32 short rimfire. It should be just shy of an inch long (0.948 inch, clearly longer than the diameter of a dime) the case diameter would be 0.317-0.319 and the rim diameter 0.377 inch. Per the on-line info the cartridge was designed in 1860, introduced to the market in 1868, and pretty much obsolete by the late 1930s. If there were markings on the base the maker could be identified and the date narrowed but I'd be a little cautious doing vigorous cleaning on the base and rim, some of these old shells could still go bang. It lookks like there is a single lube groove in the bullet, that could help identify it. You might just try googling 32 rimfire short images and see what is closest. Cool find.
Best Wishes and Happy Hunting.

8D71BEC8-5D46-422B-96B6-6F78DDAC3959.jpeg
Comparing the size of the round to the size of the dimes I believe it is a 32 short rimfire. It should be just shy of an inch long (0.948 inch, clearly longer than the diameter of a dime) the case diameter would be 0.317-0.319 and the rim diameter 0.377 inch. Per the on-line info the cartridge was designed in 1860, introduced to the market in 1868, and pretty much obsolete by the late 1930s. If there were markings on the base the maker could be identified and the date narrowed but I'd be a little cautious doing vigorous cleaning on the base and rim, some of these old shells could still go bang. It lookks like there is a single lube groove in the bullet, that could help identify it. You might just try googling 32 rimfire short images and see what is closest. Cool find.
Best Wishes and Happy Hunting.
Thanks sounds like you know your ammo friend thought it was a .25 Stevens short.
Mark

6FCA56D6-D78E-474A-A1CA-48810F730CCE.jpeg
2EC2CE5B-92C6-49C2-A74F-91F5C379B6CE.png
47DB2D63-F8C9-4650-A05C-D61293E5CBD5.png
E421F9C7-7B78-44D6-AC79-03A36C6E280E.png
Scoutly straightened and polished the ring up amazing job!

Nice haul - congrats !

Yes, I agree - it's a good time to get out and hunt - less people around etc.
Metal Detecting, Fishing and other solo hobbies are the way to go right now.

Good Hunting !