Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CP6 Headphone Info . . . . . Issues of posting details have been addressed

Andy Sabisch

For anyone that is interested in the details of the CP6 headphone option for the Deus (where you slip off the control unit from your backphones and slide it onto the mounting plate on the over-the-head headphones), the details can be discussed here.

Talked with Geoff, owner of Chefphones who produces them, and have provided details and ordering options for Find Mall members.

http://www.treasurehunterstradingpost.us/

Feel free to share you impressions if you own a set already . . . . .

Andy Sabisch

I ordered a set off of the big auction site, received them in 7 working days (England to Oklahoma). Well made, seem tough, light weight. They were a little tight on my head, you can bend the cross-over band to open them up until they fit. Once adjusted, they are very comfortable and cover the ears well.

Tones: The CP6 tones are not as harsh as the Deus backphones, smoother sounding. Takes a little getting used to, but, once you do they are fine.

The only con I have is, I wish they had dual volume control, I have one ear that doesn't work as well as it should and would like to be able to adjust the volume accordingly.

Results: A big improvement over the backphones, much cheaper than the WS5 headphones. A thumbs up to Chefphones.

I just love them and hopefully this will help out others cause I have had many people ask "do they adjust?" yes little different than your used to. They adjust at the earcup, the ear cup slides up and down they dont adjust at the headband!!

heads up!!

Cadman, here's something you can try if you haven't already. Try experimenting with sticking some thin layers of material such as packing foam, or whatever, in the ear cup with your better hearing. With just the right thickness, you should be able to reduce the volume enough to balance things out. I've used this method to reduce the volume in both ear cups, so it should work for your purpose. The extra material might reduce the clarity of sound a little, but you'll have to determine that with your hearing and decide which works best. Good luck.

I made a set out of some 3m ear muffs and the back phones and they work great and very comfortable. Then I got the cp6 headphones and they sound great and are built very good but I am very disappointed with the fit they are very uncomfortable due to being tight on the ears, after about an hour my ears hurt and I want to take them off. Im going to try to adjust them to fit me better. I hope I can cause they are nice headphones. If not they will be sold.

I have a pair of chef phones and although I haven' t used them a lot I find that a lot more bits are coming out of the ground. Previously with the back phones I was only getting signals in one ear as the right side kept slipping off every time I dug a signal, perhaps I have strange ears but having the chefphones has made a great difference to my mastering of the machine. It was annoying that my wife who still uses the backphones was definately finding more stuff than me and I was beginning to wonder if the deus ( in my hands) was going to do the business. As stated once I was using the chefs my finds rate went up.