Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Crap? This page still here? Here is an old story

Royal

This is a story about my most productive metal detecting spot out of dozens. It was an amazing experience for a person that was very new to the hobby.

When I returned from my detecting trip to Boyne City and Lake Charlevoix I ordered Fisher 1280x which is still my favorite water detector. I also own a CZ 20 but it is a backup. I think it is the fact that I have hundreds of hours on the bottom now with the 1280 and I know what it is telling me.

I ordered it on line so it was here within the week and I could not wait to try it out in our local lakes.

My area is full of lakes. In Oakland County alone there are over 420 natural lakes and Cass Lake is the largest. I grew up in a small resort town on the lake, Keego Harbor. It was a town of cottages and the greatest beach in the area. The beach is about a mile long and at the north end there was a private beach called White City Beach. This beach had a swimming raft for those that could afford the .50 cents that it cost to get in.

I remember in the early days of the detecting hobby I would see guys with the detectors swarming that beach, in fact they would detect the whole mile of nice sand beach. I had no idea if they were finding anything and actually thought they were wasting their time. Years later, after I got interested, I was talking to a guy at work that hunted it in the early days and he said it was just loaded with rings and silver.

This beach is long and it goes out a long way, probably a hundred yards before you are up to your chest. It is all sand with just a few small weed beds. These weed beds are at the edge of the drop and nobody ever swam out to them. No body but fishermen even knew where they were.

White City Beach is long gone now. It was torn down in the late 50

That's an outstanding post! Amazing finds, but better yet, written in a way that really pulled a fellow into the story and experience you had!:please:
Mud