Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Crazy about my VX3 in all conditions including deep snow!!

Hi, fellow White's swingers!!

My name is Dominique and I am part of "The Silverslingers", a metal detecting duo in New England. I started out with a Coinmaster, then upgraded to an MXT Pro, and finally landed on the VX3, which I call my "Vixen". I have used it for numerous hunts around colonial cellar holes, open fields, dense woods, and even deep snow (when it was 2 degrees out!! And the batteries held up fine!). I am very excited as I will be testing on a beach soon (I don't usually beach hunt - but I am DESPERATE to get out of the 3 feet of snow we have up here!)....Happy Hunting to you all!!

The VX3 is a super machine. Hope you still have that MXT Pro because that is no slouch either ! VX3 will do better in the wet, salt sand though.

Stay warm up there (I am not that far in NJ and I am soooooooooooo tired of this winter). Spring and Summer are right around the corner thank goodness.

Got to say I never tried a Whites except my current V3i. Had an old one years ago but I don't remember what it was. I had a time figuring out my V3i but I really like it now. Here in Texas anything below 40 is just too cold.

We will bring both machines and see how we do...I can't wait because I have never tried those modes before!! I am BEYOND sick of the snow. 3 1/2 feet where I am at (and counting)...

Glad you like the V3i!! Anything below 40 is too cold? LOL!! Our coldest hunt (so far) was this january at 2 degrees....and tomorrow's wind chills look pretty bad too...dreaming of Texas!

p.s. I will post what I find, even if it's a bottle cap ;)

I have been having some pretty good luck here lately if you check my posts. I found a Tungsten Ring today that was lost at a Fishing Camp for my Neighbor. The biggest find though was the 5 Franc 1846 coin I found a couple days ago. How this Coin found Texas would be interesting.

Nice finds!! You are doing great!
My favorite coin is my 1773 4 Reale big spanish silver i dug in August out of a cornfield...also many large cents and a late 1700s Fugio Cent that i LOVE!! Also love all the colonial relics we have...i feel lucky to live in the Northeast with the rich history we have!! Would love to dig further south also, we are planning some civil war hunts soon...i cannot WAIT for summer!!!

Our finds will very rarely ever be in the 1800s but I would not live there in that cold for nothing. I plan to ride my Bike to the shop tomorrow to have it serviced and may not need a Jacket. Our problem is the heat here. Not only is the 100+ heat hard to hunt in, but the ground gets like concrete. I use a Miners Pick year round. The ground I dug today had several inches of rain in the last few days but it was the consistency of Bubble Gum. Had to really hit it hard to get a bite.

Wow who knew heat could be such an issue!! But riding the bike without a jacket sounds like a dream come true....i have never carried a pick, but have used an ice ax to chip thru frozen ground when i was really really desperate to go dig something!! I wish you happy hunting and send some warmth my way!!

Welcome to the forum Dominique. Great place for info. What part of New England you from, I am from Ma. and yes the snow will not stop . I hear ya about getting out swinging. Chris

Hello Dominique Glad you like the V. They are pretty good machines. By the way I enjoy watching your vids. If you guys ever want to hunt in the Buckeyestate give me a holler I can hook you up in field sites,cellar holes, and ghost town sites.
HH. Keep swinging

Hi!! Thank you for watching my videos!! It would be SO fun to do a hunt together!! Can't wait for winter to be over....

Hi Chris, we are up in NH. Snow everywhere!! Hit the beaches this weekend and actually had some really good luck! I can't wait to hit all our colonial sites (homes and fields) again...IF the snow ever melts!!

The Silverslingers said:
Glad you like the V3i!! Anything below 40 is too cold? LOL!! Our coldest hunt (so far) was this january at 2 degrees....and tomorrow's wind chills look pretty bad too...dreaming of Texas!

Add in the humidity factor with below 40 degrees. I learned long ago that minus zero temps up in Minnesota where my grandparents lived, was tolerable outside cuz of less humidity.

I have watched some of your vids with Bill Ladd. Great job ! Im in Ohio and we just got 8 inches of snow. Still betted than upper east coast..

Hey, when you hit the beach can you post what your settings where? I am having some difficulties with mine on the beach. I am detecting in Washington state on the cost town of Long Beach.

Dhartman, when you get some settings you like let me know. I plan to be in Long Beach in August for the kite festival. Plan to bring my V3i and hit the beaches when I am not flying. Try to save some finds for me :)