Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Creating a Disc Pattern: More on Minelab's Brain Dead Software... :thumbdown:

Erik in NJ

OK, I've read the manual and I'm trying to simply create a disc pattern starting out with a clear SmartFind screen and just blacking out some part of the screen.

I go into Edit - select Manual mode on the right and the Large Edit Frame on the left. I hit the Accept/Reject button and low and behold I get a dark square on the screen. Just what I want.

OK, now I want to save it in a pattern slot. I hit the Menu button, scroll down to Save, then scroll down to My Pattern 1, then hit the right arrow button and I get the little diskette icon next to the pattern, but it stays fully blank - even if I go in and select it and hit detect, I don't see my custom disc pattern.

What the heck am I doing wrong??? I am really starting to get annoyed with this software - it's even worse than what's on the XS (a step backwards????) What happened to the almost universal useage of a select button and a back button? What an idiot set up they have now to control things.

Minelab I know you guys read this forum - how about responding? Time to fire the whole lot of your user interface guys? My God, what were they thinking?

The hardware is fantastic and the software is REALLY, REALLY frustating!

Thanks for any help with this! Sorry for the rant, but I don't like wasting my time, doing things over and over again......

OK after more messing around I see you have to hit the Detect button AFTER editting your pattern and then it will ask you if you want to load your pattern into the SmartFind screen! What? I thought I was already in SmartFind!?!? If you use QuickMask you DON'T need to hit the dran Detect button - just go into Save and pick your slot. Doesn't make much sens to me.....

I like the new edit mode... once you get used to it anyway.. another secret is if you use a med cursor make sure you move it two times before hitting accept or reject or you unreject half the part you were just on... and the large cursor needs to move even more.. everything under the cursor must be all rejected or accepted to change it all to the other... or you get checker boxes

Yes, it looks like someone changed the software to do a bit-wise XOR (exclusive or) as opposed to OR - what's on the Explorer.....as far as I'm concerned this behavior should have been a user setting. Having to hit the Detect button is not intuitive to me at all, but I'm glad I finally stumbled upon it.