Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

crickets are chirping in here

This 14K chain and gold plated sterling silver heart pendant was my latest good find from this past week. I'm trying to get out once a day or every 2 days for usually 2+ hrs and continue to find lots of coins and occasionally something of interest and value! The weather has been good and I look forward to some beach trips this year to see what I can dig up from the sands there!

No beaches near me :( I'm running out of places I can detect freely. Hopefully my site I have hit every week for the last two years continues to produce silver... but want to find an older site to go to

Snow is melting fast here, highs near 60 all week!! I'm hoping to get out this weekend, about a month ahead of last year

It's interesting to see that there have been as many as 226 views on your thread here but only 3 have responded? I know there are a lot snowed in and it's impossible for many to even get out of the house let alone metal detect!! but there must be a few that are finding something out there? There again, there are detectorists that don't like to share their finds and just surf the forums for tips etc;. and that's ok.
It still would be good to hear from others, even if your snowed in and even though you may want just want to post your past or most unusual finds, or share some interesting stories, or maybe useful tips that can help others, particularly newbies to this great hobby!!:thumbup:

During the slow Forum times...I really like to go back into the old posts....for operational tips and inspiration...helps a guy get all weeweed up and develop a plan for the season!....

But every year, like Mike Tyson said,

"All your plans sound good 'til I punch you in the face, or bite your ear off" or something to that effect!:rofl: Theres a lot of guys reading our posts who are not registered members either...so its our duty to keep everyone entertained...old hunts, ideas, thoughts, tips...just throw them out there when a Forum goes soft...!
Mud

Goldstrike said:
It's interesting to see that there have been as many as 226 views on your thread here but only 3 have responded?....

Sometimes a person is just embarrassed to post meager clad finds in light of all the great gold you guys post! :cry:

KinTN said:
Goldstrike said:
It's interesting to see that there have been as many as 226 views on your thread here but only 3 have responded?....

Sometimes a person is just embarrassed to post meager clad finds in light of all the great gold you guys post! :cry:

You may be right! I think there is a correlation between how many hours we all detect and what we find. I try to get out a couple of hours a day and fortunately, the weather in this part of the Country is usually mild at this time of the year so it does give me a better opportunity of finding the gold. I still come up with blank days though with only a bag full of pull tabs and pure junk!. The more hours you can detect, the chances of coming across decent finds increases, not necessarily silver or gold, but fairly decent finds that we can all appreciate seeing. Hopefully as the warmer weather comes, we all will be able to detect a little more and find some interesting items that we feel like sharing the experience!

If all goes well today I will be getting a great quattro. Got a park here in new orleans called city park.1300 acres around 1700's. But man we getting raining everyday all day almost. But at least its warm.

Our ground is still frozen and in the afternoon hanging in the 60s... hopefully we thaw soon... but in the mean time I will keep digging frozen dirt lol

Illinoismic said:
I got my new etrac today... found 50 cents lol. 849.50 left to find to pay it off bahahahahahaha

Where did you manage to buy an ETrac for $850? I'll order one today for that price!!!

Illinoismic said:
I bought it of this forum. It's used but still has warranty left

Cool! you did get a bargain there:thumbup: I'd like to take one out for a spin sometime and see how it compares with the other M.L.'s