Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Critterhunter Thanks!

mudslingers8

Just wanted to say thanks for all the videos & info on coils & excal. I bought a Excal. used about 3 months ago, it would only work in silent mode after reading your posts & watching your videos I hardwired the 10 x 12 sef this weekend & resoldered the circuit board. It now holds a steady hum on the threshold & it goes deep in the wet sand with that coil greenies at 12-15" .

Thanks again
Mudslinger

You're welcome, but just to give credit where it's due, if you are refering to coil re-wiring videos or fixing Excaliburs from the sticky thread links at the top of the forum, I only posted links to other people's work on that with the Excalibur (videos, how-to threads, etc). If you meant those videos, then chances are somebody like OBN is the one owed thanks to. I just dug the stuff up and organized it for the stickys.

My video pictorials on my you tube channel thus far have mainly been testing various Sovereign settings in air depth tests along with air depth testing various coils against each other. I also did one of those as well of the Excalibur and GT both using the stock 10" Tornado, but I doubt that's what your refering to in your coil-rewiring situation, so just wanted to make sure thanks goes to the people do. People like OldBeechNut have done a great service to the Excalibur community with all their headphone mods, how-to fixes for various Excalibur problems, or as said showing in both posts and videos how to re-wire or fix/change coils or headphones...

In the future my channel will have some hunts on it with the GT, but mainly that's not what my initial reasoning for the channel has been. I've been shooting for pictorials on settings and other comparison info to contrast for curiosity sake to see if further insight can be gained on any such things. Future how-to's as well on lipo modding the battery compartment and charging/caring for them to save weight and other perks, and some other stuff I've got in the hopper right now. Got several more 13" Ultimate, S-12, and now 8" Tornado comparisons I'm working on too. The loaner Ultimate is already back with it's owner but I filmed some stuff I just haven't got around to editing yet...