Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cross this one off my list...

gunwolf

all these years and never found one till today... my first Kennedy half. a 1977 seems like over the years all my hunting buddies found them... not me. it rang a solid 05-47 both ways on the E-trac.
wAfNtTg.jpg

Tell the truth now….. did you at first think ya had a smashed can???? I got so used to getting those type numbers and digging cans……. Now just this year I dig up four Ks, two silver and two clad! Still digging cans too. 😂. Good job gunwolf and yes I know Elmy…….

I was detecting along the fence of a soccer field that i had been told i could detect around and then told i could not. Hit a target and it was obviously big. I used a probe and could feel it about an inch down. I almost left it because of the size thinking it was the bottom of an aluminum can but curiosity said dont do that when you dont know. So i popped it out of the ground and it was a 1945 walking liberty. The only other half was a Kennedy i found in a park in western NC.

Tell the truth now….. did you at first think ya had a smashed can???? I got so used to getting those type numbers and digging cans……. Now just this year I dig up four Ks, two silver and two clad! Still digging cans too. 😂. Good job gunwolf and yes I know Elmy…….
I found a little trick on how to tell the difference between cans and large silver, if it's a can the signal will stay with you even if your coil is 12" above the ground, if it's large silver it won't.
Like everything with detecting this is not 100% but it's still mostly right.